Radiator suddenly leaking, what are my options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnk8n

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi guys, when I noticed the leak I checked the coolant level and it was still at an acceptable level.

Out of desperation I kept it topped up with straight water for about a week, maybe two or so before I decided just to stop riding and sort it out. It drains from top acceptable level to bottom acceptable level over three days.

I am just so busy lately that I have not been able to sort this out but the time it now takes to commute to and from work is helping even less!

I got a quote to rebuild a new radiator for R3000-R4000. That sounds like my best option at the moment but it sucks to be sinking money into this bike. Didn't realise how much maintenance she would cost me.

Was hoping to do a patch job for temporary measures while I save up for doing it properly.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I am not mechanically minded enough to take a look at it.

As an alternative. Does anyone have any time to have a look at this with me? I will gladly pay labour! I am based in Cape Town.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk