RE: ATG Jiko gas stove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IDR

Grey Hound
Reaction score
I just wanted to report back on the above stove that I got from michnus - after using it on a hike last weekend...

We are used to the usual Coleman balancing-the-pot-on-top-of-the-stove-on-top-of-the-gas stoves that you get at any Makro and the like while hiking.  As a couple of people can attest to me spilling a pot of two minute noodles onto the ground at the Caledon bash just because of this balancing act when, at the time, my balance wasn't quite what it should have been.

Regardless, those stoves never last very long and don't take a beating in a rucksack very well, and I have been on the look out for something a bit more sturdy, but with all the right features such as piezo ignition, and without the price that you pay for stoves like the MSR WhisperLite (around R 1200).

The ATG Jiko gas stove ticks all the above, and at a quarter of the price.  VERY, VERY impressed with it - thanks michnus.

Attachments

• DSC02682.JPG
    DSC02682.JPG
    222.6 KB