Recce to Rooiberg,,Koekepan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff! Wanted to do a Birthday Run in March. This is better.  :razz:

JourneyMan said:
Good stuff! Wanted to do a Birthday Run in March. This is better.  :razz:

No No you bliks'm !!!!!

You won't get out of it that easy. The birthday run WILL happen INDEPENDENTLY of this new year bash

hehe

Ok. The idea was for an overnighter. We can hopefully have a mud run again as a day trip for the BD Run then on top of the Malgat's trip. :deal: :biggrin:

Malgat, jy het nie dalk die roete vir my nie, wil graag die naweek die Rooiberg ding doen,  Groot asseblief

ek sal soek,,,,ekt nie die trip getrack nie,,,miskien het iemand anders,,,,

jis eks somma lis en gaan wys jou,,,,wanneer wil jy gaan,,,

wil jy oorslaap,,,,,want ek kan dit doen in n dagtrip soon toe en trug

makes no difference to me or swannie,,,,

the thought behind the date was that we are all gonna be very very poor til feb,,,,so after that payday life as we know will be normal again,,,,i hope???

maybe we should start a poll,,,,not thats my scene ,,,i somma like to arrange and go in the same week,,,but i decided to let it rest until jan 2009,,,then i'll push it and getting malibu and the girls to propagate the bash,,,,

so kinda quiet before the storm,,,,enjoy it,,,,jan i shall bombard you

i thought you were going to show us the way as per advrider thread?

Meneer, ry more so 15h00 se kant, weet nog nie waar kop gaan leer le nie maar is seker sal 'n plekkie kry. Saterdag terug via De wild, crater ext.  KOM SAAAM

ok,,,lets do it,,,,a pack wil leave from harties at 3 ish today to go to koekepan,,,

all of it glorius gravel roads,,,,

some are tenting over at the restaurant,,,have made arrangements

i however hav other commitments so i'll be riding as far as what i can and then turn around and be back at harties by dark,,,,,

who else is coming with?????

seeing i wuz only the guide for the canal part im not gonna make a report out of it,,,

hopefully velskoen and his mates wil fill in the rest

this leaving early on fridays and going for a ride is really starting to appeal to me

got velskoen at upperdeck,,,,quick draft and filled up doing the canal road

very lekka riding at sunset with the guinea fowls and pheasant flying up in front of you

i hit a swallow and velskoen a snakeand,,,,,

at some stage we were dodging a "scattered thunder shower"

and soon enough we had reached beestekraal station,,,

had a couple quiet ones and then i returned to harties,,,,,

and velskoen went onwards to koekepan, rooiberg

pic1 filing up at harties

pic2,,,velskoen putting his name on the wall of fame at beestekraal

pic 3,,,wd wall of fame

Attachments

• dewildt.jpg
    dewildt.jpg
    64.3 KB
  • dewildt 001.jpg
    dewildt 001.jpg
    62.2 KB
  • dewildt 002.jpg
    dewildt 002.jpg
    51.3 KB
What can I Say!  This Koekepan bar must be one of the best kuier gate in southern Africa! Let me state that the Rooiberg special is not for the faint hearted! A cool mixture of Potency and Grandpa mix sum up the Rooiberg pub!  Bliksem!

But thanks Malgat, youâ??re a great tour leader and the heavenly gravel roads leading to hangover rooiberg was fantastic.

After my writing on the wall at Beestekraal I had to make a dash for Rooiberg, trying to get in front of the rainstorm, witch caught me 10km before Rooiberg. Needles to say walking in to the pub soaking whet, didnâ??t do any good for my biker image with the locals.  Pieter plaas was already there and after a bad hand in poker, was also not to popular with the Rooiberg boere!

The next day was interesting; we decided to have a babelass meal â??n Vaalwater at the big5. Tree vary emotional dogs (not so wild) hit the gravel road all the way trough Alma to Vaalwater, and who, the Bosveld is spectacular at the moment.

The whole Rooiberg experience was the bets way to cure the x/mas blues and just changing the old being Wild batteries.  Thanks again Malgat for the trip and cant wait for next years Bach and Grandpa Potencyâ??s

Malgat , thanks for the heads up about this place...we had a jol of note there....fantastic pub and swannie is a lekker oke....i think i kinda left my name there somewhere so i need to go back in the future.... :biggrin:

IceCreamMan said:
Malgat , thanks for the heads up about this place...we had a jol of note there....fantastic pub and swannie is a lekker oke....i think i kinda left my name there somewhere so i need to go back in the future.... :biggrin:

Ja this one hurt, nobody mentioned the Mnr and Miss Richelieu competition was on ...... 

malgat said:
any one keen for a one niter between 2 to 5 jan?????

Maybe we shouldn,t go back so soon  ::) ::) I don,t think I can get a pass out Malgat, but enjoy :biggrin: :biggrin: