Recce to Rooiberg,,Koekepan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep_kruger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
so father its been a long time since my lastbike ride,,,,,and i just had to do it last weekend,,,,

also,,,,

im gonna organise anuther bash but this time in the Waterberge,,,a quant little place called Rooiberg en its near Koedoeshoop,,,with names like that it can only mean endless dirt roads of bush and game lodges,,,,bike heaven

and it is,,,,,so i asked for some wingman and eventually 2 days before the date i decided to scarp it cause of lack of interest,,,but then,,,,,,jagshond pm me and asked if its still on,,,of course,,,, is the pope,,,ehm??? italian??? dunno but u get my drift

so on thursday its back on,,,,and i get some tyres and extra bling from a-mx and he does some welding for me that i needed,,,its on,,,,its been 1000 kms of reasonable hassle riding of the AT since its repimping and its time to take the lady to the open road

friday,,,, i get some news that maybe plothond and a-mx might go with, but  wil know only  later,,,,its fine,,,this is getting better and better and around 4 ish i get thumbs up from jagshond, plothond and a-mx,,,we decide to meet at Radium on the old warmbaths road.....

i get to Radium and three windhoek draughts later the 3 musketeers arrive,,,forcing us to ride in the dark ,,,with plotti leading and jagshond sweeping, me and a-mx bringing up the middle,,,,its different riding out there in the bush,,,no taxi's or traffic except one must keep an eye out for the warthogs and the odd kudu thats loves jumping behind the headlights,,,anuther thingie is the stars,,,there so much brigter and bigger and many,,,,also the goggas flying around in your headlights are sometimes as big as a mossie,,,i experience what it feels like if a rhinoceress dung beetle hits you on the side of your face,,,but we make it and end up at the only place with people,,,a bar called koekepan.....

and this is where "da roof,,,,da roof,,,da roof is burning" (sorrie you have to be there to understand)