Register of Places?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Gents, and Ladies...
A glimmer of an idea.. but does the info already exist sumware on the 4rim?

A register of places where the WDs have stayed or camped.

Prompted by this remark by Doringboom on his thread https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=16353
Doringboom said:
Carnivore said:
Would you mind letting us in on how you planned your trip? Did you use paper maps, gps, or just follow your nose? Maybe other people's input? Did you check out accomm before you left... and so on etc ens..

My planning always is with the aid of only conservative means and methods. At work and at home I have maps on the walls. So for me route planning happens bit-by-bit and day-by-day over a very long period. I can spend time looking at a map like somebody else can spend time watching TV. The maps are predominantly the normal CNA, Map Studio type. Roads not indicated on them are not part of my planning - I'm not the wilderness-explorer type of person. No, I do not have / use any GPS. When I am in a strange place I ask petrol attendants for direction, information on the condition of roads, when the last rains have fallen, etc. They know everything! On this trip I only used the tent at the Buff. With the exception of Willowmore, I slept over at relatives and retired colleagues with whom I have arranged beforehand (good manners ;D)

PS. Do not forget this very Forum - also a wonderful source of route and accommodation information!

How can we dig down and capture all the info? (other than by laboriously digging...) Mebbe the WDs can resubmit their experiences to a central register... wotusay IT guys - Admins - ???

Categories:

B&B's
Campsites
Camping wild
what else?

Latest posts