Ride ideas for some videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruans

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Greetings dogs,

Seeing as I have a keen interest in motorcycles, aviation and started to play around with some video filming and editing, I have decided to try and combine the three into one small project.

So here is the idea, I am looking for remote locations in the Western Cape, preferably away from civilization with aviation related history, abandoned air strips and "lost" or "forgotten" aircraft. I am sure someone might have come across something like this or know about locations like these. It does not need to be definite locations but, I will look into leads as well and try find it on my own.

The donkey of choice is a F800 GSA and I am comfortable with dirt roads after a few trips out to Tankwa and Cederberg but, not with hard off road and sand. I will however look into any routes that might take me past or close to these locations.

This will give my rides some sort of mission and I can document the ride there and back as well as the location and try uncover some of this history. This will also help a aviation researcher that I know well as he has a keen interest in documenting old crash sites.

Any leads will be welcome.

Cheers,
Ruan