Riding with Roland Schoeman in Bloem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Our normal Sunday morning Dualer Ride was not much of a ride this morning.  Losper took the team up a little hill and out of town.  The morning air was fresh and I just started to enjoy the relaxed riding when a gate appeared.  Our Losper "knows it all" and suddenly the gate opened and off we went.  We just settled into a relaxed rythm again when a stream appeared.  Did not look too serious, but when Losper went through I saw that the bottom was VERY slippery.  I took it easy and I found just enough traction paddling through with the bike completely on it's own mission.  "All over the place" is a good description.  Once through, I figured that a camera is now the right tool, but before I could even get things organized, Roland 1 was on his way on a 450 BMW.  He did so well that he made a neat u-turn just before he was through, but then lost his style took a swim on the way back.  I made for the river on foot, but Losper beat me to it and I decided to rather take a pic.  The 450 and Roland were now floating down stream.  Roland 2 decided that he is going to save the day on his 990 and dived in right next to Roland 1!  :eek:  Then our Twister made his contribution to the entertainment riding his SE through and sommer started taking some other bikes through as well.  Good thing I thought, the more bikes and boots on the bottom, the quicker the green stuff will disappear and life will be better.  Just to conclude the circus, the farmer arrives in his Landcruiser and announces that this is private land and we should disappear in a hurry.  Losper still explained about S-roads and GPS's, but when the farmer called for gun powder on his radio and explained to Losper that his GPS is the next swimmer we decided to do exactly what he wants - disappear.....  :deal:  Disappearing in this instance is not an event, it was a process.  Two drowned bikes and three running ones on the wrong side of the river, and the only way back is back through the river.  ::)  To complete this circus, act 5 was announced and some more pushing and shoving later, all the equipment riders, swimmers and GPS's were back on dry land.  We now had 2 drowned bikes to get back home and the Farmer was not interested in assisting with his shiny Landcruiser.  Act 6: - Who has a tow strap?  Only one emerges, and we tow the 990 back to the gate, return and get the 450 out as well.  So, 2 hours later we are loading the bikes on a trailer in front of that same magic gate and go home after a good chetting session, a little riding and a good breakfast at BJ's.  Thanks boys, hopefully next time we can do some riding again?  Hope you get those bikes running - they are in good hands.  :thumleft:

Pics:
1. Losper to the Rescue
2. Roland 2 in action
3. Rescue operation in full swing
4. Looks like the bike has more traction than the helper
5. Twister doing the Avis thing

Attachments

• IMGP2490.JPG
    IMGP2490.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 426
  • IMGP2491.JPG
    IMGP2491.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 424
  • IMGP2492.JPG
    IMGP2492.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 419
  • IMGP2494.JPG
    IMGP2494.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMGP2498.JPG
    IMGP2498.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 422
Mmmm - Never heard of Red Bull in the Vrystart???  :angel8:

I hope Roland didn't blame the monkeys for his little swim! ..................................I wonder if anybody will GET this.  :peepwall:

Ya the bottom was as they say snot glad but a lesson was learnt a water crossing is not the same everytime you cross it best to check it first the previous time I crossed it the bottom was rideable this tme it was slideable  cheers Roland 2 :imaposer:

Panjo said:
I hope Roland didn't blame the monkeys for his little swim! ..................................I wonder if anybody will GET this:peepwall:
He called the one spectator a monkey after a race because the guy behaved badly cuasing himself and two others to
jumpstart the race.

Is hy nie die springbok swemmer nie? wie kan hom dan nou blame om gou vir n swemmetjie te gaan...was dit borsslag of vlinderslag?

mooi man nothing quite like an early morning swim to build a decent appetite haha  :thumleft:

chicco said:
Is hy nie die springbok swemmer nie? wie kan hom dan nou blame om gou vir n swemmetjie te gaan...was dit borsslag of vlinderslag?

Lyk vir my meer na versuipslag!  >:D

A few more pic's

Attachments

• Sondag 001.jpg
    Sondag 001.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 276
  • Sondag 002.jpg
    Sondag 002.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Sondag 003.jpg
    Sondag 003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Sondag 004.jpg
    Sondag 004.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 273
  • Sondag 005.jpg
    Sondag 005.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 267
Pic's

Attachments

• Sondag 006.jpg
    Sondag 006.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 267
  • Sondag 007.jpg
    Sondag 007.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 269
  • Sondag 008.jpg
    Sondag 008.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Sondag 009.jpg
    Sondag 009.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Sondag 010.jpg
    Sondag 010.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 267
Nice work guys.

That KTM will be in the shop for three months at least before you get to ride it again.

You can collect the BMW later this afternoon.

shesha said:
Nice work guys.

That KTM will be in the shop for three months at least before you get to ride it again.

You can collect the BMW later this afternoon.
Not in Bloem... maybe Kimberley. >:D :pot:
The KTM will be out today! :deal:
(I know my dealers.) :deal:

I know we are all lazy, but you just cannot ride your bike and wash it at the same time!  :imaposer: :imaposer:

Latest posts