Right Around Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeeeeha!! Die Cowboy is weer aan die gang!! Mooi man, ry safe en enjoy!
:thumleft:

See Duiwel said:
Yeeeeha!! Die Cowboy is weer aan die gang!! Mooi man, ry safe en enjoy!
:thumleft:
  :merror: Careful now - she may have bigger balls than all the rest of us, but she remains a CowGIRL  :female:

Update:

So my visas will take about two months to sort out.  :patch:
Re-applying for Egypt visa tomorrow.

Flight back to Morocco (Casablanca) booked for 5 July.

From Morocco I will take a ferry to Spain, ride up through France and Italy. From Salerno (Italy) I'll then load Dax and myself onto a ro/ro carrier to spend 8 days at sea to Israel. From there I'll enter Egypt and the rest of the route stays the same!  :thumleft: :ricky:

Busy sorting some parts and spares for Dax. Will fit new tires when I get back to Morocco (sticking to my Heidy's). She had a good service before I left (fit new sprockets and chain as well)...but will have been standing for 10 months!!!!

Drinks before I leave: Friday 28 June, for anyone that would like to come say hello/farewell. Time and venue to be decided upon closer to the time. Will be somewhere near Melville in Joburg.  :ricky:

Attachments

• Africa Phase 2 Route.jpg
    Africa Phase 2 Route.jpg
    117.7 KB
Geotraveller said:
Lyk goed! Ek is tuis daai tyd sal definitief kom hallo se.

Pierre gaan sommer saam jou, ons soek al lank verskoning om bietjie bymekaar uittekom.

So I've just chatted to a girl who have just made it through Libya....on her own. She's put me in touch with a few guys in Tripoli and Benghazi. See how it goes.  :ricky:

In the meantime: Remember that pic?  :lol8:

Attachments

• How Bikers Travel.jpg
    How Bikers Travel.jpg
    380.9 KB
All the pieces of the puzzle are falling in place  :thumleft:

Good luck Jo  :biggrin:

Hi Jo
Iv'e been quietly following your thread. Iv'e kept a number of the Durban BMW Club members informed of your trip. When you get to Durbs we will lay it on for you so be prepared for a group meeting you and giving you a "ride in" and a "noggins" evening. You are a true adventurer and an inpiration, keep it up and we wish you the best of luck for the next leg of the journey.

Alpine Al said:
Hi Jo
Iv'e been quietly following your thread. Iv'e kept a number of the Durban BMW Club members informed of your trip. When you get to Durbs we will lay it on for you so be prepared for a group meeting you and giving you a "ride in" and a "noggins" evening. You are a true adventurer and an inpiration, keep it up and we wish you the best of luck for the next leg of the journey.
Wow. Thank you so much! I'd be honored to 'ride in' with you guys!  :thumleft:
Please keep in touch so we can make arrangements closer to the time.
Thank you so much for the awesome support!  :3some:

Just a quick one: Libya seems to be on again. I got confirmation that I can pick up my visa in Tunis. I have to re-apply for a Tunisian visa as well though...but spoke to the ambassador in Pretoria (explaining my time constraints to him) and despite the processing time being 15 days, they'll help me out and give me a visa within 48 hours.  :thumleft:

I know Libya is forever 'on again, off again, on again, off again'. But it's such a dodgy stretch...I just want to make sure about whether it'll be worth the risk.

But after hearing about this girl ---> ( https://www.motogirltrip.com ) making it through...I've decided perhaps I should give it a shot. So I've been chatting to her and a few bikers in Libya to make arrangements.

Hold thumbs!  :ricky:

Latest posts