Road to Boegoe.(with a few added pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lekker om julle te ontmoet sal weer bietjie kuier dis nie so ver van Stillbaai na George  toe nie. ;D

nice RR en gr8 pics soos altyd. Chris lekker om jou weer te sien  :thumleft:

Thanks Chris for sharing , and great pics,  as usual :)

The pics bought back memories form recent trips thru Putsonderwater, Verneukpan Williston etc .
Williston Mall has a great collection of quirky junk on display , and good food too, not to be missed !

Awesome ride.pics  and a absolute pleasure meeting you and Fertie :thumleft: :thumleft:
See you soon.  8)

I got hold of FertieBiet's camera and here is the pics that he took.
RoadtoBoegoe007.jpg

Somewhere on our way to Merweville.
RoadtoBoegoe009.jpg

Merweville Church.
RoadtoBoegoe010.jpg

Algemene handelaar Merweville. Not a great town if your looking for a good day shopping!!
RoadtoBoegoe023.jpg

Ready for inspection. Our skaapkraal campsite.My tent never looks like this inside!!
RoadtoBoegoe024.jpg

Wonder how old this tree must be in a dry climate like this.
RoadtoBoegoe034.jpg

Our breakfast stop in Carnarvon. Stop there next time you pass through. Good food.
RoadtoBoegoe035.jpg

Van Wyksvlei Hotel. Eish that sign needs some paint!
RoadtoBoegoe037.jpg

Finally crossing the Orange.
RoadtoBoegoe050.jpg

Lapa in the campsite. Nice view from there on the river.
RoadtoBoegoe048.jpg

The Keerwal.
RoadtoBoegoe054.jpg

I missed this!!
RoadtoBoegoe055.jpg

Shark Za I believe.
RoadtoBoegoe064.jpg

Putsonderwater on the way back.
RoadtoBoegoe069.jpg

Ready to race? Only one is I think.
RoadtoBoegoe073.jpg

Our farmhousestoep campsite. I remember FertieBiet getting up at 5.20 am!! Left with a roll of white gold. Seems
he took his camera with as well. He only got back an hour later.
RoadtoBoegoe074.jpg

Two houses standing empty! You find this a lot in the Karoo. Big farmers buying out the smaller one's that go under.
RoadtoBoegoe076.jpg

RoadtoBoegoe079.jpg

RoadtoBoegoe081.jpg

View from the hill behind the houses.
RoadtoBoegoe084.jpg

A child's grave.
RoadtoBoegoe087.jpg

Did this gentleman kick himself open?! Imagine being born in 1894 and living for 81 years? He started in a time when
there were no cars, plane's and such things. He died when those things we ordinary. We have no surprises anymore
these days. All of the same just better. Suppose that's why we like spending time in nature.
RoadtoBoegoe001.jpg

Meeting Watermat in Sutherland.

That's all folks until next time.
I have a feeling FertieBiet and I will ride again.

Nice foto's Bertie. Moet 'n talent wees wat latere jare by gekom het !!

nice report...maybe i will make it one year :biggrin: looked leka...dunno bout ktm tubes tho :laughing4:

Moerse dankie Chris en Bertie dat ek kon saam pendel tot by Anysberg. Julle twee maak nogal gatskoon!

Ek was redelik F...up toe ek in Montague aankom, maar toe ek die N2 slaat draai ek die GS se oor en binne 'n uur en paar minute was ek by die huis.

I think we will have to gate crash party for a night at one of those abadoned houses. >:D

Ama ride ride said:
Dankie Chris.

Sien op jou foto's 2 van my kaapse rymaatjies saam met wie ek lanklaas gery het.
Gedog jy gaan by die Bash wees?
Pieter en Louwtjie seker nè of Johan en Johan of Marius.Dis almal van Worester en Kobus ook.

chrisL said:
Ama ride ride said:
Dankie Chris.

Sien op jou foto's 2 van my kaapse rymaatjies saam met wie ek lanklaas gery het.
Gedog jy gaan by die Bash wees?
Pieter en Louwtjie seker nè of Johan en Johan of Marius.Dis almal van Worester en Kobus ook.

Dis Johan en Johan en Johan (laaste Johan nie op jou foto nie) :biggrin:

Latest posts