Road worthy lotto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chorse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Needed to get the XTZ through road worthy today so gave her a quick once over yesterday. 

Knew that the LED flasher relay has an intermittent fault so when the indicators did not work first try no worries, ignition off/on and hey presto all is well. Added a rear reflector and decided all was A-OK!

Took her out of the garage today to go to the test and what do you know...nothing....no amount of off/on would get the indicators working. Decided to ride to the testing station in the hope that they would come back to life....but no such luck so headed to Yamaha instead.

Last corner before Yamaha....they start working again.  :patch:
While I am there, buy a relay but cannot fit it as some tweaking required.

Head back toward home and they are still working so decide to chance my luck and pull in to road worthy centre. Fill in the forms, pay the money and sit back to wait.

Guy comes out to check the bike, ignition on and......Nothing...no indicators... :mad:
Give him the pretty lame story of " they were working fine when I got here"....ja sure!

He then takes the bike round the block while I sit there feeling like a total chop!

Guy gets back with a smile on his face....."look they started working"  :eek:

He gets off and says.... "I will say they worked during the test, but Oom must promise to fit that new relay and while you're at it a number plate light too"

Passed  :ricky:

Very decent chap and very lucky me!

Latest posts