SABI GS CHALLENGE 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aggenee ... i must go back there! In fact - i have the route guide with me - might do it one Sunday on a breakfast run with a friend or two ...

Very nice part of the world that! Lekker pics guys

I just got chills from that pic of the people swimming in the Sabi. I went on a canoe down the Sabi a couple of years ago and had a big scare with some Hippo's, I'm scared shitless of that river!!  :eek:

Thanks John, dont worry - lots of rapids and the stream is flowing quite strong - not lekker for hippos and crocs - Induna Adventures uses that stretch of the river for their water activities.

Cool man! Realy nice in any event.

I don't know how accurate it is, but a while ago I heard that the Sabi river is the river with the most Hippo related incidents in the world. This I heard conveniently after I had my scare.  ???

Hey thanks for posting those pics Skattie!!!!

Thanks to everyone who attended the event - it turned out an awesome one, mainly because we had such a fantastic bunch of riders there!!!!  :thumleft:

Rieks you're welcome with the "lift" in the mud.....you see any excuse to have you holding on to me so tight!!!!  :mwink:

Hey skattie D - wish the mountain trip was longer - i am still wondering what the heck would have happened on Saturday if the rains came down Fri night - slip ... sliding ...away (Paul Simon). Have a great week!  ;)

Great Ride report, will go next time. I don't trust the river it has some weird shit :tongue2:

You wont regret it! The river is just fine - you Gautengers have clearly not grown up on a farm and been swimming in rivers and dams. lol  ;D What about ABBG Drakensberg end of April? Hope to see a few Wilddogs there!

Yip,this time last week i was like a little boy ready to go to the circus.........just couldn't wait to sling my leg over..........my 650 that is.
Thanks to all the wilddog's for a excellent weekend. This was the first long trip my missus did with me and although we got lost and did a fair amount of the red route,we had a blast.
Once again a HUGE thanks to the guys south of the boerewors curtain for helping my boet "Silly" pull his bike back to safety. Yip,when your brain and pocket rocket trade places..............your gonna eat dirt!!!!!! :3some:
To the sweepers.............ek se vir julle...DANKIE!
Once again thanks to all,we have some great memories
Cheers.
O0

I enjoyed your brothers report - quite funny and lots of humor. Cheers hope to see you next year!

Hi Rieks
Where was that camp site.By the way I am one of the guys you rode the second day of the challenge with...Peter,Alan and Pieter....remember.Nice report.
Pete