Sabie WD Hooligan Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont worry boys, it is all above board... you had to be there.

Hey ColD,

Waiting patiently for you to post your other pics  :bueller:

DAY 2 ColD perspective.

Day one ended at about 12 and I got to sleep one the others had also thrown in the towel some hours later. Long story short after getting everyone up and out, we had a quick Wimpy breakfast and hit the road.  
1st   stop Gods window then on to one after another spectacular view point and many windy roads with spectacular scenery.  The boys from the Lowveld took us on a epic ride, thanks Macjohnw and Lycan, for being awesome guides.

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

2est.jpg

c349.jpg

smbh.jpg

flr8.jpg

ta7b.jpg

2est.jpg

After a brief stop at the JG Strydom Tunnel we headed for Mariepskop quite a long ride from the tunnel, and not the most exciting road, but well worth the journey as it turned out.
Once we turned off to Mariepskop, there was some fast gravel road, that became a rocky washed out twisty sand road, and then a twisty cement road to the top, each of them absolutely wonderful to ride, personally for me the twisty rocky technical but was my cup of tea, and I could spend a day riding up and down that section, with a large smile on my face every moment.

IMG_0687.jpg

0icf.jpg

mvkb.jpg

t16x.jpg

t16x.jpg

7r57.jpg

pg19.jpg

ztsp.jpg

Marieps kop ghost town

ly5e.jpg

m6ii.jpg

oh7c.jpg

io83.jpg

l4aq.jpg

z9x4.jpg

On the way down we did some great high speed ridding on the flat sections, an adrenalin rushed 20 minutes, was soon washed away with a cold drink at the “Timbuctu Pub”
mmbp.jpg

We may have left it a little late but then headed back to Sabie, with the sun slowly setting, and us riding like he devil was chasing us whilst we still had some light. Needless to say we ran out of daylight and the adventure took on a new dimension.

After standing on a bridge admiring the sights ( and waiting for some of the group to catch up. They didn't they went another way) with the last bit of sunshine fading away, we saddled up again and took on the passes.
Now some of us had never ridden at night ( ME) so it was quite daunting, but still awesome, until...dan dan daaaaaa... My lights failed, and there was nothing but darkness in front of me, coming around a bend on the pass.
I safely made it to the side of the road, and Outdoorsman and myself checked what we could ( I checked the fuses....like my AR$E) and after some of the front riders finally figured out we where MIA and turned around to come to our rescue,  I managed to roll start the bike and limp back to Sabie . Thanks Outdoorman Bluefin and Lycan for the assistance in getting me back to town, appreciate it boys.

At this point I do want to stress my nomination for Biker of the weekend....it goes to Bluefin, for Riding that NC 700 like capable duel sport, embracing the true nature of adventure biking, that it is not the equipment but the spirit of a person that makes an adventure rider.

Dinner at the Woodsman with tales and adventures of the day dissected reminisced and laughed about,...Cheers
Some silly photos of the crew.

3cop.jpg

2urz.jpg

658o.jpg

k4a2.jpg

fy96.jpg

Back to camp a quick shower and hit the pillow, to the sound of Rodriguez and party goers until about 5  or so , I have to say some of those dogs had some real party power oh what it is to be young.

Shot ColD, it was an epic weekend and can't wait to ride with you Dogs again, on a proper DS this time!

Legs are still sore from all the dancing  :ORGR:

Great thanks CoID

Your report riding is very casual  :thumleft:
now what size fuse must I carry with?

:thumleft:

Nice John!Daai foto's bring darem baie memories terug....Daar waar julle by Sabie geslaap het het ek een aand in daai lapa deel op een van daai bankies geslaap want ek het my tent by die huis vergeet.......baie brandewyn het gehelp om lekker te kon slaap al was dit winter en pis koud en op daai Mariepskop by die torings het ek baie gewerk!!!!!Nice RR man :thumleft:

Thanks Guys.. Shure you guys had greate fun

The blue one Gideon the blue one ........think it is 15 amps or what ever, there are spares in the fuse box though .

GIDEON said:
Great thanks CoID

Your report riding is very casual  :thumleft:
now what size fuse must I carry with?

:thumleft:

bloody cool. some good picks. me and ian in great brak were in the area in may,also had a good jol.