SACK's dongas and whoops!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
We met up this Sunday morning to go ride some dongas and whoops as SACK sugested.

SACK, topbox, Stev0 and myself met up at Zone 7. At first Stev0's bike was giving some
trouble but he got 'er going soon enough. We fooled around in the quarry and then headed
out to go ride some sand.

Stev0 and topbox with twin brother bikes.

dw003.jpg

SACK making a turn , run up and ascent up a sandy embankment to get out of the train track cutting.

dw004.jpg

dw005.jpg

dw006.jpg

The group.

dw007.jpg

Some really scenic tracks around this area.

dw008.jpg

dw010.jpg

dw011.jpg

dw012.jpg

SACK getting going again after a little rest. Looking back to make sure he doesn't cover me in sand...

dw013.jpg

dw014.jpg

Now we were in Parklands somewhere behind Builders Warehouse. This area is where I got my
rather deep ended introduction to sand riding during a ride led by the late Lito. On that day I only
fell once but I wanted to cry from fear. Feels like such a long time ago now.

Stev0 flying through.

dw015.jpg

SACK fighting to control the 800. The sand on this track is imfamously thick. With the heavier bikes
one really have to gun it in order to get through without getting stuck.

dw017.jpg

topbox cruisin' along.

dw019.jpg

dw020.jpg

Another little rest stop before we head into the bush towards the West Coast Road.

dw021.jpg

dw022.jpg

dw023.jpg

My fafourite pic of the day. Goooooo SACK!

dw024.jpg

dw025.jpg

topbox following SACK's track.

dw027.jpg

dw029.jpg

2nd try.

dw031.jpg

Awesone pics guys !! Looks like you had fun,  thanks for posting Mich  :thumleft:

Great stuff!

Your usual amazing pics, Michiel.  Thanks.

You make light of the ride from the quarry to the gums next to the N7-Blouberg road (and back).  That's heavy going with whoops all the way.  Hats off to you guys!  

Michiel, you post the most awesome fodies always,  :thumleft: thanks dude looks regtig lekker

nice one Michiel! i miss that sand! see you dudes soon tho  :thumleft:

LouisXander said:
Thats a lot of sand! Like we were battling rocks this past Sunday, you were doing sand!

Your BRP' s old backyard  :thumleft: