SANI,,,TRIP OF A LIFETIME OR TRIP FROM HELL,,,WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep_kruger

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
ok,,,,i've been invited to ride with 4 other total newbies on their spanking new bm's on a trip to lesotho from 9/12 til 12/12...i didn't plan the ride, never been there in my life, have no idea what im letting myself in for,,,,but what the hell,,,,boer maak n plan en in for a penny in for n pound,,,,so this is our itenarary:

sunday 9/12....leave pta doing secondry roads till fouriesburg, sleeping at the fourieburg hotel(405 kms)

monday(10/12... its straight to katse dam passing places like paray, taung , thabang and the sani top, sleeping at backpackers(323 kms)

day 3 , leaving sani top and going past himeville,mooirivier and stopping at harrysmith doing some rides there, sleeping over at boshuis(287 kms)

day 4,,,crippling back to pta(320 kms)

so as you can see its mainly a credit card trip staying in bed, dinner breakfast places,,,im the one robbing petrol garages along the way cause i'm poor, very poor

its the week after the roof and my questions are???

what can i expect???  what should i avoid???what weather precautions,,,im prepared for rain but not sure weather i must take thermal linings in my riding gear or not,,,im mean it is summer???

what spares and tools are compulsory,,,do i need to take food and water,,,not taking extra petrol with as i wanna travel as lite as possible,,,just my riding gear and  skants and shorts and tshirts,,,

we are taking a satelite phone with and have a backup team at fouriesburg

so any comments,,,suggestions?????

i wil be taking pictures and will make up a nice report for you guys

so watch this space,,,this could be fun or our worst nightmare,,any one else going there , maybe we can meet???ride together,,,hav a jol????

so if i dont chat to you guys on thursday, it was great knowing you all !!!!