Scala Rider Teamset (Bluetooth)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Recently received a promotional mail from GSing regarding this:

untitled.jpg

I have been eyeballing this for quite some time, as it offers two earpieces, so it allows for stereo sound, and on the Zumo forum most of the okes were raving about this.
Well GSing delivered it per hand to me at Bavaria on Saturday :D , so after charging it for 5 hours I had the chance to put it to the test.

Linking it to the Zumo wasn't really a challenge, so in no time I had stereo sound pouring through the speakers to my ears. Initially I was absolutely disgusted with the sound quality, as it was very soft and lacked bass big time :? (GSing warned me about this) Once I started the bike the volume was adjusted automatically and was actually not that bad. Needs the doef doef sound one would get from example IPod earphones, but I could hear just fine, even in traffic on the way to the office this morning.

For some reason my old 6310i disconnects from the Zumo whenever I try to make a call, but when I connect my phone directly to the Scala it works like a charm.

Strangest feeling today, coming back from a meeting in Woodmead, splitting lanes while chatting on the phone. :D :D
Voice is crystal clear and the people on the other side could hear me just fine.
Very very strange feeling indeed.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the purchase. Just need to sort the phone / Zumo connection. Will try my other (newer) phone, as I think that's where the problem lies.
I'm sure the sound quality will also improve if I put the speakers closer to my ears.
Have not tried the rider to passenger thing yet - me not big on pillioning :roll:

Latest posts