Scorpion AT tyres on Transalp?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
I recently fitted Pirelli Scorpion AT tyres front and rear (set) to my Transalp - recon if KTMs like em so will I.

70%road tyre according to Pirelli.

What I have found is that when decellerating and take the hands off the bar the bar gets a waggle - not too much but a definite waggle - on tar at low speed. Waggle is worse than when I had the knobblies on.

I tried different tyre pressures - but it stays the same. I checked the rim - no noticeable dent or damage.

Took it back to Craigs in Parow and got the Bossman to ride it - he confirms the waggle and says that it does sometimes happen with esp. Goldwings. The tyre may be incompattable with the bike.

However, I should try it for bit longer and if after my Karoo trip I am still not happy he will gladly replace the tyre with one of my choice and if need be the set.

When they fitted the front tyre they managed to break the studs on the axle retaining plate, which they replaced with bolts.

They did balance the wheel as there is now a set of stick on weights on the rim, but the old weight attached to the one spoke is still there.

The handlebar seems steady enough at speed and accelleration.

Will see how it goes.  ??? ??? :-\

Latest posts