Service!! Welding and Trailer customisation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I recently ordered on of those Bossun exhausts for my 1200GS from CT via mail order - R1400-00 incl plus R95 postage. Not much of a technical person :oops: , but managed to fit new zorst - 2 bolts - and presto - lovely sounding new tail piece :lol: - I personally think performance has improved, but will ask for another bit of input from one of the dogs on the next ride. Fuel cosumption does not seem to have changed much - have not done enough mileage.

Anyway I digress - although the price was right for this zorst - as opposed to upwards of R5k for "brand names" it does not have the boot protector to stop the shoes melting, and the protector that stops the centre stand from bashing the drive shaft - think thats what it is called :oops: So, with the Memel trip looming, re-fitted the old zorst, and finished the trip.

Yesterday took the scoot together with both pieces to REAL Trailers by Argoweld Sheet Metal services in Honeydew for some help - Steven Roger-Lund the owner met me and we discussed the problem. No problem he says - will try and finish yesterday - Mon, but definitely by today. He has just phoned to say all is done I can come and fetch.

Now I can only get away after hours - so he says no-problem, I live on the property, so will wait for you - great!. OK so how much do I owe?

Pause!!!

NOTHING! Nada, not a bean!!!!!!

All he asks me to do is refer anybody looking for a bit of welding/trailer building/modifications to give him a call.

Now I have not seen the final product yet - and yes i will try and post a pic tomorrow, how can I possibly complain anyway, so please anybody looking for a bit of assistance with any of the above they come highly recommended by me.

I did see burried away in his factory a whole array of bikes, so he abviously has an interest - I will talk with him later today.

I have his contact details for anybody looking!

Happy Pistol :D