Shall I go for it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobCrouch

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Stopped to contemplate a possible water crossing today on the way home from a short ride...
Decided not to be a lone sailor... took the route through the field in the left. :mwink:
The sunset is where I had come from...

Attachments

• Photo0407 (Medium).jpg
    Photo0407 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB
  • Photo0408 (Medium).jpg
    Photo0408 (Medium).jpg
    57.5 KB
  • Photo0406 (Medium).jpg
    Photo0406 (Medium).jpg
    45.6 KB
Sometimes the drier option is the wiser option... did the same last weekend, but on a flooded tar road. It was deep on both sides, but I was more reluctant to pass the oncoming vehicles...free shower without a rain suite...chicken, I know ;D :thumleft:

I did a walkabout and saw that it looked very deep in places then walked back through the field... much better and safer. Just wish I had kept my helmet and gloves on during the recce... the Mozzies almost airlifted me out! :eek7:

When I see water like that I always ask myself if I really want to spend hours trying to get water out of my engine. The detour always seems the best idea!

With age comes wisdom.  :mwink:

ahlbebuck said:
When I see water like that I always ask myself if I really want to spend hours trying to get water out of my engine. The detour always seems the best idea!

With age comes wisdom.  :mwink:
For sure... :thumleft:
Fitting a camera and using that chopper as a scout would come in handy! :mwink:

ahlbebuck said:

With age comes wisdom.  :mwink:

My thoughts exactly....discretion being the better part of valour :mwink: I also just noticed those footprints in the mud. The trepidation is written all over that pic ;D

Yip...when riding solo its best to err on the conservative side... :thumleft:

Hello Rob that is a favourite route of ours after the rain,the sub terrain is surprisingly stable and there is enough grip to keep momentum we have been through there a few times without much incident so next time you can go for it :thumleft:

dust rat said:
Hello Rob that is a favourite route of ours after the rain,the sub terrain is surprisingly stable and there is enough grip to keep momentum we have been through there a few times without much incident so next time you can go for it :thumleft:
ummm as julle by is ja... :mwink: :thumleft:

Pistonpete said:
Yip...when riding solo its best to err on the conservative side... :thumleft:

hang on..... ;D