Small bikes - big fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
So a few of us got together this morning for a small bike ride.

Much fun and a few interesting moments was had :mwink:

Blazes - gooi those pics, i will post mine soon :thumleft:

OK, so Sunday dawned crisp and clear with just a slight breeze. The previous two nights it has rained and the expectation was therefore of very little dust and maybe some mud and water holes.

Before firing him up I took a photo of the speedo. The TW 200 I recently bought has only done 359km in its three year life - all that was about to change :mwink:

Shot down (only a figure of speech for those familiar with a TW's speed ;D) to the fuel station and made use of the opportunity to take some photos of the bike before it sees its first dust.

Attachments

• Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    236.6 KB
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    223 KB
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    209.3 KB
  • Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    198.8 KB
300+ kilo's in drie jaar!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? Net jy wat so n bargain sal raakloop :deal:
Gooi die pics! :thumleft:

We met at around 7 for some coffee and a chat. Present also were Blazes, Dakota, Topie, his wife and his son. Willedog could unfortunately not make it.

Hoofseun came over to chat - he was on his way to somewhere to practice. Adding further to his already impressive riding skills.

We then left on the backroads, past the chickens and sought some shade for a chat as the temperature was already climbing steadily.

Around us people were heading out for the day, either on bikes or with their dirtbikes on their bakkies

All along the railway lines we cruised until we had to stop for a water break and this photo opportunity presented itself. I nominate this photo as my entry into the "best photo" competion of the ride ;D

Last photo is of our navigator ................some says ..............that he no longer watches TV, but has parked his Huskeys in his living room instead :peepwall: ;D

Attachments

• Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    214.4 KB
  • Image00008.jpg
    Image00008.jpg
    251.2 KB
  • Image00009.jpg
    Image00009.jpg
    224 KB
  • Image00011.jpg
    Image00011.jpg
    220 KB
  • Image00018.jpg
    Image00018.jpg
    268.4 KB
So we are blasting along (figuratively speaking of course) the rail line service road when we come around a corner and see this rather sizeable waterhole.

Being of meek disposition I gently cruised through with vlakhaas trying not to get my feet wet. My young friend, however, as do all teenagers possessed of high levels of teststerone goes in at full tilt.

We all stop for a lekka laugh, adrenaline flowing. When the rest pulls away, my young friend's bike would not start ;D

Whilst he struggles with getting the covers off, I help by taking another artistic picture of vlakhaas ;D

Topie comes back to offer some real help and I pitch in with a photo or two ;D

The bike starts, but does not want to pick up revs - no big surprise when the sodden airfilter comes into view :deal:

I think I see a tadpole in there  :imaposer:

Attachments

• Image00012.jpg
    Image00012.jpg
    241 KB
  • Image00017.jpg
    Image00017.jpg
    205.1 KB
  • Image00016.jpg
    Image00016.jpg
    204.1 KB
  • Image00015.jpg
    Image00015.jpg
    234.3 KB
  • Image00013.jpg
    Image00013.jpg
    240 KB
Headed further to Cullinen where we saw a train that fell over on the tracks and experienced a waitress with amnesia ;D

I can feel the eyes of the other bikers on the stoep looking strangely at this big oke all dressed in BMW Boulder jacket, City pants, etc getting off a TW 200  :imaposer:

Topie and the family said goodbye at this point - they had a way to go still to get home. Thanks for coming all the way to ride with us. Hope you enjoyed it :thumleft:

For a change Blazes picked up some misfortune in the form of a flat tyre and after realising that it does not stay hard, we decide that he and Dakota will skin it for home on the tar, visiting each garage with an airpump along the way.

I made my way back on my viewing platform, looking at the world and smelling the daisies as I went along. A fitting end to a lovely ride ;D       

I want a TeeDub - dunno why - dunno how - but I do.

I think a TeeDub and my Tenere would be buddies in the garage ;D

Maybe they get intimate and make a few PeeWee 50s  ;D

Great bike for KZN - we don't have to do the big distances you Gauties have to do to get out to the fun parts, and a TeeDub would be fun on the beach and up the river beds.

Hows my self-selling job doing?

Looks like you guys had loads of fun  :thumleft: as soon as my knee is usable would love to join - maybe next time  :ricky:

Thanks for posting and making me drool

GundaGunda said:
I want a TeeDub - dunno why - dunno how - but I do.

I think a TeeDub and my Tenere would be buddies in the garage ;D

Maybe they get intimate and make a few PeeWee 50s  ;D

Great bike for KZN - we don't have to do the big distances you Gauties have to do to get out to the fun parts, and a TeeDub would be fun on the beach and up the river beds.

Hows my self-selling job doing?

The TW grows on you. This is my 4 th one and i always regretted it when i sold one.

It is futile to enter into debates on suspension or speed or whatever. Either it does it for you or it dont. Take one for a ride, i think you will be pleasantly surprised. I bet that you will take the TW out riding more often than what you would think - especially if you wanna do some trail riding.

I consider mine to be my "viewing platform" It allows me to relax and check out the scenery - speed is not what i am after.

Some pics i took -- ::) Thank's Kykdaar was a awesome morning --- ride and just perfect for riding slow. See the Cosmos is also coming early this year --maybe time for a Cosmos Ride-- :mwink:

The Group --

On route --

The TTR

Bathtime  ::)

A shady spot

Thank's again for the invite

You wanted a picture to judge on the ride Kykdaar --here it is --- ::)

:'( I miss my small bikes  :'(  Awesome area to ride in and probably the best tour guide you'll find  :thumleft: 

Thanks for the route and leading the ride M.

I think you nominated the wrong picture. Your picture of "a shady spot" i think takes the honours.

Varadero said:
:'( I miss my small bikes  :'(  Awesome area to ride in and probably the best tour guide you'll find  :thumleft: 

Hi - D how you doing ????? And how is T and the baba ? Long time no hear

Thanks Kykdaar for a lekker day in the sun with some splashes.... here are a few pics I took.

Attachments

• fcDSC05622.jpg
    fcDSC05622.jpg
    129.8 KB
  • fDSC05603.JPG
    fDSC05603.JPG
    168.8 KB
  • fDSC05608.JPG
    fDSC05608.JPG
    190.4 KB

Attachments

• fDSC05611.JPG