So there I was on the R300 with a smashed KTM 990 S and a broken femur..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

CaptainWobble

Hi All

I have been out of the loop for while. I managed to get myself involved in a accident.

So there I was on the R300 with a smashed KTM 990 S and a broken femur. The 990 would have been OK if an Uno driver did not come and crash into it. I was coming back from the Canola Run and it was raining and I was cold. I did not concentrate and my following distance was not what it should be. Then some F... decided to slow down to look at the accident on the other side of the road. Every one behind him braked and I clipped the bakkie in front's bumper and fell on the guard rail. Why the hell they put a metal guard rail that close to traffic I do not know.

So that is how I came to be at the side of the road. What do I do now...? I have always been able to work out something with KTM Cape Town. So I phone my friend Donald at home..., and on a Saturday afternoon. Just to hear if he knows of someone that can trailer my bike somewhere. "No problem" is the answer. He basically dropped everything and came to pick me and the bike up.

Donald did not stop helping me there. He also fielded all the questions and queries of the insurance accessor. I have never spoken to the accessor guy. I only submitted my claim the insurance company. The next I know my claim was accepted and my bike are being fixed. Thanks again. This is not the first or second time that KTM CT has been able to help me out.

It just needs to be said that I have always been able to work out something with the people at KTM Cape Town. Just talk to the people there. Tell them your problem and work with them to get your issue sorted out. You will be surprised at how well they help you.

I just feel that this needed to be said.

Thanks Ashley, Amanda and your team, even Donald.