• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Bike (Yamaha XT350) looking for rider! waiting in Malawi...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
After traveling SA-Kenya-MW, I need to get rid of my trusty Yamaha XT 350, from 1997. Looking at options for selling here, but it would be a lot easier if someone wanted it in SA. You can come get it in Malawi, or we can try to arrange transport to SA. I am flying from Lilongwe, MW, so will not be able to drive it to SA myself.

Bike was bought in SA three months ago (for R13,000.-), and has done about 7000 km. I made a frame on the back which holds a 10liter jerrycan on the left and a pannier on the right. In the front are three 'boxes', homemade, fixed on the frontbracket/engineguard/fallmount, that carried all the essential tools and spareparts. I would love to tell you the mileage, but that part isn't working anymore. Will figure it out with google maps, but guessing around 40,000 kms. The bike is definitely not brand new anymore, but can still manage the trip to SA, and beyond.

Pictures will follow in due time (see my profile pic for the before shot), as internet is struggling.

If anyone is interested, let me know. We can also talk about some gear (tent, food containers) joining in. I can also give you specs on what might need to be replaced in due time.

Price is definitely negotiable, need to get rid of her before end of October!

Cheers!