Solo ride out west

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenks

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Howzit okes

Did a Sunday morning ride exploring outside Krugersdorp. But I kakked myself just as I was getting out into the country - I'm still a noob rider. I turned back :xxbah: just when it was getting interesting.

I posted a fuller report on https://scuzzbucket.wordpress.com/2008/06/09/sunday-motorcycle-ride/.

Next time I'll ride with you okes. Problem is I ride slow - don't want to slow you down!

Jenks

Dont worry about the speed. Us WD's normally wait at turn off's and intersections for the slower riders. There are often noob rides advertised on the forum. Just pm the organsier and go and hook up. Everybody rides at the speed they feel comfortable with. Now and then some okes like to go and jaag (stress release valve blowing).

Or keep a look out for KLR riders. They are nature lovers and never go faster than 100km/h :pot: ;D

malgat said:
naaaah,,,thats an kak excuse,,,watch the planning section or contact me,,,never ride alone

OK. I'll keep a lookout for your next group ride. The KLR okes sound like my deal - nature lovers!! :peepwall:

KLR riders stop often............ eyes fixated on the ground......... looking for nuts and bolts lost on previous rides  :pot:

Kykdaar said:
KLR riders stop often............ eyes fixated on the ground......... looking for nuts and bolts lost on previous rides  :pot:

Nought - those KLR okes are penny pinchers. They're scanning the tar for five cent pieces!  :imaposer:

I am the same animal. The dr (like the KLR) offers awesome bang for the buck.

Hi Jenks
We always wait for the last rider - got to ride in one's capability. Hope to see you on a wild west ride soon.
Splash

Sometimes these rides take you to places you will never see. But, GPS with maps is the key....