Solo run..... EC is such a beautiful place.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
So last week Wednesday I decided I need to take a solo ride somewhere to stay sane. Edgy kindly invited me over for a sleepover at his beach pozzie. I accepted and planned the ride.
Rone and Fugly on the two red KLRs joined me for the first few kilometers. They wanted to see the Aardbol.

Saturday morning early I set off from home. Pic taken at my first fillup in Port Elizabeth.
Pic.jpg

The meeting point in Blue water bay. Fugly bragging with his Scott oiler.
Pic1.jpg

Arrived at the old bridge crossing the Sundayâ??s river. See Rone is walking funny. No he is not drunk, but the wind was trying to blow him off the bridge.
Pic2.jpg

Three red beauties. One covered in Ferrari red. LoL
Pic3.jpg

At the aardbol.
Pic4.jpg

Rone and Fugly
Pic5.jpg

Me the Ultimate Forum Whore
Pic6.jpg

Fugly perving over his Scott oiler. LoL
Pic7.jpg

I said good bye to Fugly and Rone. My solo trip has begun. For the first time ever I had no idea where I should go ride and I depended on my GPS. Must say it was a lot of fun following the GPS. It takes you to places youâ??ll never go by yourself.
Pic8.jpg

Nice roads North West of Alexandria.
Pic9.jpg

The dashboard I love gauges and GPS readouts.
Pic10.jpg

Some pics to show the beauty of the area.
Pic11.jpg

Pic12.jpg

I then popped in at Edgyâ??s place to drop off his boots. Those are cool boots. Left a little later to one of my favourite towns. Grahamstown.
Pic13.jpg

Riding alone is the ultimate adventure experience IMHO. I took this road from Port Alfred too Grahamstown. Did not see any cars.
Pic14.jpg

The middle of nowhere!! I love it!!
Pic15.jpg

Pic16.jpg

Found this old deserted church next to the road and thought it would make a nice pic.
Pic17.jpg

Pic18.jpg

Grahamstown
Pic19.jpg

The municipal manager should really get his car checked out. Spot the oil spill. LoL
Pic20.jpg

Grahamstown
Pic21.jpg

Bathurst
Pic22.jpg

The Pig and Wistle in Bathurst. Closed at the moment but I was assured it will be open in November.
Pic23.jpg

Pic24.jpg

A moerse pineapple. LoL
Pic25.jpg

Was hungry had a lekker Burger at the Spur in Port Alfred. The Port Alfred area is amazing.
Pic26.jpg

The Port Alfred marina.
Pic27.jpg

The Port Alfred bridge.
Pic28.jpg

Marina
Pic29.jpg

Returned to Edgyâ??s possie for braai and sleepover.
Edgyâ??s pozzie at dawn.
Pic30.jpg

The beach.
Pic31.jpg

Pic32.jpg

Pic33.jpg

Doggies have to sleep outside.
Pic34.jpg

On my way back this morning I took the Boknes to Alexandria gravel road. The road was damp so there was no dust. Itâ??s a great gravel highway and with my newly done suspension I can fly on these roads.
Pic35.jpg

Who would not want to ride this?
Pic36.jpg

Great views
Pic37.jpg

Pic38.jpg

100km from PE the weather started to get rough. 80km/h winds and rain. It started raining just after this pic was taken. I pinned the throttle to 100km/h and just held on. In some places I had to go as slow as 80km/h. The wind really tried to blow me over.
Pic39.jpg

Hmmm Africa is not for sissies.
Pic40.jpg

Thanks to Edgy and wife for giving me accommodation. It was very nice.

Nice One Cappie
I really love those roads
You got home just in time me thinks!

Lekker Captain! Take care out there - solo riding is addictive! Nice piccies, I always feel just a bit jealous of the nice area you guys have down there, but the pics ultimately makes me go out and do more riding, thanks.

LeonDude said:
Lekker Captain! Take care out there - solo riding is addictive! Nice piccies, I always feel just a bit jealous of the nice area you guys have down there, but the pics ultimately makes me go out and do more riding, thanks.

I did much slower speeds then when riding in a group. I love the freedom of riding alone, but i will not attempt any technical riding alone.

My GPS steered me in the direction of a twee spoor with a few farm gates. I rather turned around.

Nice report Cappie, reading a report like this is inspiring  ;)

Yup, it's a good thing you came in early, weather has really turned cruddy.

Nice one Cappie ;) I see Rooi Meraai pas goed in daar.

Reg, volgende een tot hier by my en terug, goeie oefening. :mwink:

CAPTAIN SLOW said:
Disselboom said:
Reg, volgende een tot hier by my en terug, goeie oefening. :mwink:

Nooi my ek was nog nooit op Queenstown nie :)

Ek dog dis wat ek se.... :thumleft: baie Riekie Louw hier.

Some more pics

Ek is darem 'n mooi oukie  :biggrin:

Attachments

• F (8).JPG
    F (8).JPG
    144.4 KB
  • F (7).JPG
    F (7).JPG
    147.5 KB
  • F (6).JPG
    F (6).JPG
    161.2 KB
  • F.JPG
    F.JPG
    133.5 KB
Jy wil mos weer Hogsback sien, baie naby van my af en net 10 km teeral die res gravel. :drif:

Disselboom said:
Jy wil mos weer Hogsback sien, baie naby van my af en net 10 km teeral die res gravel. :drif:

Dis cool ja... ek was nog nooit op hogsback nie :(

Ek sal graag kom kuier thanks...