Solo trip from Pta to Nelsprit !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike999

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Where do I begin?  Just had the airhead fitted with re sleeved sleeves and new pistons and rings. The first rebuild had some technical issues, but lets not get into that.

Where was I, so new motor, and have to run her in again. But I also remember one of my clients mention, that there are not many photographs of the Nelspruit stadium.

Great know I have an excuse, now the route. As many people in the know said that I should run her in with not too much highway miles, and not over 4000rpm for the first 1000 km’s. Best way I thought would be Dirt!!!

After posting on the forum, Veldbrand posted a route that looked like the deal. Funny how one just trusts a wilddog member. Had to simplified the route , for the little E-Trex , but after that was done I was ready.

Pack simple and less is more. Most important, the tripod, socks extra pants and some boxers. Thought the rain suit would also be a good idea. The camera bag on my back with the bladder strapped to it, a man needs his H2O.

Attachments

• nelspruit trip-15.jpg
    nelspruit trip-15.jpg
    159.6 KB
  • Nelspruit trip-1.jpg
    Nelspruit trip-1.jpg
    113.7 KB
The route startss in Dronkwordspruit and goes to loskopdam, from there to stofberg, lydenburg and some riding between the forests.

mostly dirt with some boring tar stretches

first pic at the willem prinsloo,

the some dirt shots.

last one is at the wilger river. used to play there as a kid. my parents had a friend who's farm was just around the corner. Only fun times, running away from snakes and bobbejaane, and fishing.

Attachments

• nelspruit trip-17.jpg
    nelspruit trip-17.jpg
    187.5 KB
  • nelspruit trip-18.jpg
    nelspruit trip-18.jpg
    219.1 KB
  • nelspruit trip-20.jpg
    nelspruit trip-20.jpg
    104.8 KB
  • nelspruit trip-24.jpg
    nelspruit trip-24.jpg
    140.1 KB
That route looks very familiar!

Did you stop at the hotel in Meulstroom? Not very bike friendly.

Very nice, thanks for sharing.  Can you perhaps post the route you eventually took please?  I'm planning on something for the future and need some more ideas.

i think its this one?

just check and let me know!

lekker trip.

Attachments

• R25 to Brondal Turn off.gdb
    55.2 KB
so on I go, towards Loskop Dam, drifting around some corners and just having FUN!

going thru some little farm villages, i found some ruins, always think that they should be used again for housing, like a big "fix-me-upper"  :imaposer:

the first section to stoffberg past loskop dam is mostly nice fast gravel highways, open up and fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw some wildlife, some baboons, donkeys, and the big Bulls.

this is "boere wêreld", if the cattle is that big imagine the guys who own them.

Attachments

• nelspruit trip-26.jpg
    nelspruit trip-26.jpg
    132.5 KB
  • nelspruit trip-29.jpg
    nelspruit trip-29.jpg
    187.5 KB
  • nelspruit trip-27.jpg
    nelspruit trip-27.jpg
    152.3 KB
  • nelspruit trip-25.jpg
    nelspruit trip-25.jpg
    201.8 KB
Great Mike!  I really dig your bike!! 
It's flippen nice!  :thumleft:

Pistol said:
Pics of the stadium??
SuperDave said:
Great Mike!  I really dig your bike!! 
It's flippen nice!  :thumleft:

thanks SD, yes she is the love of my riding life!  :ricky:

Attachments

• Mbombela Stadium-7.jpg
    Mbombela Stadium-7.jpg
    88.9 KB
  • Mbombela Stadium-4.jpg
    Mbombela Stadium-4.jpg
    99.3 KB
  • Mbombela Stadium-1.jpg
    Mbombela Stadium-1.jpg
    81.8 KB
Nice ride  :thumleft: :mwink:

@Lourens:
I'm busy planning the following loop from Rayton->Loskop->Dullstroom->Middelburg->Dronkwordspruit

Note that I have not done it yet and I suspect a couple "XR through the bush" manouvres to the North of Loskop. I just wanted to avoid doing that long dirt highway section.

Just import these files to Google Earth and you'll see.

Attachments

• Rayton - Dullstroom.kml
    34.4 KB
  • Dullstoom - Middelburg2.kml
    10 KB
  • Middelburg - Dronkwordspruit.kml
    16.1 KB
dirtWarp said:
Nice ride  :thumleft: :mwink:

@Lourens:
I'm busy planning the following loop from Rayton->Loskop->Dullstroom->Middelburg->Dronkwordspruit

Note that I have not done it yet and I suspect a couple "XR through the bush" manouvres to the North of Loskop. I just wanted to avoid doing that long dirt highway section.

Just import these files to Google Earth and you'll see.

Thanks!  :thumleft:  There are some very interesting roads there.  Did you actually ride there?

If you refer to the rural roads to the North of Loskop, no.. not yet  :mwink:

I'm prolly doing this trip next month and will post the trail from my GPS.

riding in these kind of places, that Soul Food!

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    102.6 KB