Some times struggles to start : 1150 GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bees

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Raad asb manne,

My 1150 Gs some times doesn't want to start, I can't find a pattern, like it doesn't start when its cold or when its warm or after I have ridden it for a while or so.
There is just some times when you push the starter it makes the elctric sound (you know that zzzzzzzzzz sound) like the started is supposed to do, but then it sounds like there is no fire and the bike won't start. Then I just keep on trying and eventually it starts
Then other times it starts with the first push of the starter (cold, warm doesn't matter)

It is a older model 1150 with low kilos on and has 3000 kms back been for its 40 000 service at Bavaria BMW, I bought it from the guy that took it for the service.

I also don't have a owners manual or repair manual and was wonder where can I find it, cause I don't know squat of when to to put in oil or how does the coolent work and how to check such maintanance stuff which I would like to do.
Service intervals ? Oil ? basics...