Sometimes when your ABS doesnt work.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welsh

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Most of the time riding I switch off my ABS and have contemplated removing it on several ocasions.
So when after some work on the rear end of the pig, the ABS did not reset even with a full battery I was not too upset and merely put some black tape across the warning lights.
The fault was easy to see a damaged wire going into the rear sensor or so I thought, anyway last week I was tidying up some stuff and had the seat off, about the same time I bumbled across the ABS reset procedure again on ADV hogranch, since it only involves taking the cap off the diagnostic plug under the seat and a 2 minute bridging procedure on 2 pins I thought nothing to lose lets try, first attempt nothing second go slightly different sequence voila I have ABS.
I could have bought a whole new sensor at a few thou, "because it was obvious" now some epoxy to tidy the sensor end and I am 100%.

Like Tengai the other day something simple can be the root cause, not some big issue :biggrin: :biggrin: