SONY XPERIA Z3 Compact - Bluetooth connectivity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carnivore

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Gentlemen and Ladies,

For years I have traveled with my old Nokia C5 and a Supertooth Moto headset. With this I could answer calls, make calls, and receive navigation instruction from the Zumo 500 and latterly the Zumo 660.

So I have recently fitted a Interphone F4 (old type) and still we had the same comms, just in stereo and with better sound and mic performance.

Wanting WiFi, I moved up to an Xperia Z3 Compact, for it's battery life, camera, waterproof rating and general quality build. Not a cheapie at all... it used to be a flagship (smaller version thereof..)

I cannot dial a number!!

With the Nokia, and also the previous HTC, I would press the big button, and the unit would access the phonebook and instruct me to "speak now" (that's what was on the screen, in my pocket) by giving a warbling tone. Call initiated, business concluded... happy.

This Z3 just changes to a grey screen, saying "Initializing" and the lady says "please wait"... and that's as far as it goes.

Is this a bug in my phone (just my luck) or can the phone just not do it? And if so, what effect is the button having anyway, by invoking the grey screen? Intializing what?

Anyone know about this stuff, bluetooth stacks and protocols etc?

I tried the process on my wife's iPhone 5s and it works so damn perfectly, I am considering changing phones. I have until Friday to do so. CPA and all that, you know..

I have tried 4 or 5 apps from the App Store, to no avail.

Please, can anyone help me definitively?