Springbok Rallye and Die Hell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wayneh said:
Tweets said:
DSCF2282a640x480.jpg

...Looks like DakarNemo has upgraded  :mwink:

Awesome RR guys. Seems fun was had by all.

Taillight wont fall off this bonie :ricky:

Man that looked like a lekker ride. Thanks for the report.

Your 1150 GS, How many km's and what sort of problems? Looking at buying one or a 1200 GS or GSA????? Must be the last buy for me!!!

KLR said:
wayneh said:
Tweets said:

...Looks like DakarNemo has upgraded  :mwink:

Awesome RR guys. Seems fun was had by all.

Taillight wont fall off this bonie :ricky:
Fark the taillight falling off that bonie ..... that looks like his "fyn-draai" face, there was a "bonie" of a different kind :peepwall:

Lekka ride report guy's!!

spoedvark said:

Your 1150 GS, How many km's and what sort of problems? Looking at buying one or a 1200 GS or GSA????? Must be the last buy for me!!!

It now has 80 000 km. No shit except the left hand cylinder's timing chain tensioner, which is being replaced with the service on Thursday.
I also have a 1200GS in Centurion, Also 80 000km, replaced the clutch and rebuilt the final drive between 70 000 and 75000km.
One thiong is for sure. If you can get a good 1150GSAm you have an awsome runner.

I can assure you, when most of the 1200's are dead, rebuilt,  or buried, the 1150's will still be running. Dont even think of taking a 1200 into Africa proper. To much electroninc and shit that can go wrong. Take a 1150 anyday, it will never dissapoint you. My 2c wurth! 

Tweets said:
spoedvark said:

It now has 80 000 km. No shit except the left hand cylinder's timing chain tensioner, which is being replaced with the service on Thursday.
I also have a 1200GS in Centurion, Also 80 000km, replaced the clutch and rebuilt the final drive between 70 000 and 75000km.
One thiong is for sure. If you can get a good 1150GSAm you have an awsome runner.

I can assure you, when most of the 1200's are dead, rebuilt,  or buried, the 1150's will still be running. Dont even think of taking a 1200 into Africa proper. To much electroninc and shit that can go wrong. Take a 1150 anyday, it will never dissapoint you. My 2c wurth! 

Nice ride you terrable twins had. :thumleft:
My 2008 GSA has 51600km on and I will go tomorrow to Eygpt with full confidence as for my 2010 gsa she's in training. :mwink:

spoedvark said:

Go look here, what the manne say
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=56422.0;topicseen

Tweets, Thanks for the advise. Like the look of the more modern 1200 but can get a good looking 1150 GS with 86000 km on for R 60 000 neg. 2003 model twin spark motor, Remus pipe on with metal panniers. How does that sound compared to a 2007, 1200 Gs with 33 000 km on for R 90 000 hopefully negotiable?

Want to buy now to last at least the next 10 to 15 years???

Had a 650 GS. Man I enjoyed her. Go anywhere do anything hassel free riding. Awesome bike!

spoedvark said:
Tweets, Thanks for the advise. Like the look of the more modern 1200 but can get a good looking 1150 GS with 86000 km on for R 60 000 neg. 2003 model twin spark motor, Remus pipe on with metal panniers. How does that sound compared to a 2007, 1200 Gs with 33 000 km on for R 90 000 hopefully negotiable?

Want to buy now to last at least the next 10 to 15 years???

Had a 650 GS. Man I enjoyed her. Go anywhere do anything hassel free riding. Awesome bike!

Grab it. Good price, Milage good, Mine is still single spark, so yours is better, panniers etc. Very good Go for it. I know the 1200 looks great, but listen to what the manne say. I'm not the only one. Its lekker to have the new toys , but they just don't last, and cost more to run. Yes they are lighter, and more nimble, but the compromise is quality / strenght etc. The 1150's are 3 times more robust than the 1200. Made to last!!

Ummmm Tweets, Say what 80 000 Km in 2 years & 6 months.
With alllll the electronics & on dirt most of the time & zipppp problems.
Say what, you got to say but leave the 1200 alone.  8)

Mr.T said:
Ummmm Tweets, Say what 80 000 Km in 2 years & 6 months.
With alllll the electronics & on dirt most of the time & zipppp problems.
Say what, you got to say but leave the 1200 alone.  8)

Tweets must have got a Monday or Friday model,babalas on Monday when they assembled or a rush job on Friday to get to the pub. ::)

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

Monday or Friday model!!!!!!1

Tweets said:
spoedvark said:

Answers the question on my email to you about getting a smaller bike for the short hectic runs and a larger bike for the longer trip?