St Lucia, Booster Plug and the R68

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintin

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Guys,

Just did a weekend in St Lucia. It is an awesome little place. We had a really good time there. Stayed in a very nice place called the Sea sands Lodge. Very very friendly people, I would highly recommend them. There are loads of B+B's in St Lucia, so accommodation shouldn't be an issue. Makes a really nice change to Ballito or any of those places.

Fitted a booster plug to the GSA before I left, also called an Accelerator Plug. Supplied by Boer - thanks mate. What a HUGE difference that made!! The motor was significantly smoother, was eager to work, and managed to return a small fuel saving. I would strongly recommend a booster plug to the boxer motor guys. I was a bit skeptical at first, but the principle made sense to me, and I was worried about pinging at sea level, so wanted the plug on the bike. As far as I am aware there was no pinging, even full loaded, 2 up giving it horns thru the mountains....

Speaking of mountains.....

The R68 between Melmouth and Nquthu in the Natal Midlands. I think it is one of the most awesome roads in the country !! I was with tar only guys so the entire route was on tar, but this stretch of tar is incredible. The first 5km are a bit sticky, but after that, the surface is really good, the twisties are so neatly stitched together and open, you can see what's comming, there are virtually no cars and the scenery is breath taking. I think it's one of those roads you have to ride before you die...

I'm going to take the track data for the route and convert it into an actual route on Garmap, so if anyone would like to see that, I'll post it here later today.

PS. My original route to St Lucia was about 60% off road, so it can be done.