Stress reliever to Makasser - video only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Let the video load so long...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS_W3Jn6kbM

I had had enough of work yesterday, so knocked off early and on to my favourite stress reduction machine.

I had been keen to try the camera in different positions. Also I had just put a Dunlop 606 front on the day before and wanted to see how it does... I like it a lot. Off road, itâ??s better. It doesnâ??t feel much different on the tar to the TKC 80, but I can't say I have really tried to push it on tar... yet. In the dirt it bites better and keeps the bike pointed. The really big difference is in the price. For R500 mounted I think it is great. If it lasts half as long as the just more than twice as expensive TKC then itâ??s a bargain. It you donâ??t do much off road then you shouldnâ??t bother. However if you get onto gravel every now and then and havenâ??t tried a TKC or one of these then do yourself a favour and give them a whirl. Your confidence will climb a few notches. One big downside to the TKC (and I suspect this 606) is that if you spend an long afternoon giving your front brakes a hard time from high speed on tar the knobs cup badly and very quickly.

Anyway, on to the ride. I zip tied the camera to the pillion peg and headed off. The camera sits in a mount that needs an O-ring to stop it from rotating in the mount. I have been too lazy to get one as when it is on my helmet it is not a problem but you can see that this will have to be rectified.

The first half of the video is looking back. Just onto the dirt you can see I give a dog a bit of a sand bath. Normally I head straight for them and they get out the way. Soon after I took a massive hit to the left boot from a bit of hidden concrete that has given me a bit of bruising and without boots I would no doubt have a broken foot. After quite a few wrong turns looking for paths, and a bit of a swim in a drainage canal I got onto the Fishermans road on the beach.

I took a huge tumble soon after trying to get off the beach but didnâ??t catch it on the video. Not sure why.

The rest of the video is looking forward, I think it is a great angle. I didnâ??t realise that it would catch as much sand but it shrugged it off pretty well.

Got into a massive sand quarry that I havenâ??t seen before and tried one of the biggest slopes. It has some serious whoops just before it which kills the speed needed so I never made it up that one but got up another sizable one.

Then it was play a bit and head back via the N2.

Love this bike.

What a way to destress..... :thumleft:

Enjoyed the new camera angles, give a different perspective and shows just how much the suspension works and how well.

Would be great to join you one day, after the bike has been serviced. ;)

What a great vid A ....love the the way you can see the front float and the action on the rear.... :ricky:

I seriously need to learn to ride like that ..... ;)

Always love your vid's, Kamanya.

Apart from the Swartklip enkelspoor trails we used to do on bikes, I used to have a non-street-legal pipe car which I kept on a farm at Lynedoch (very close to Spier estate).

From there, with farmers permission, was gravel road all the way to Maccassar.
Used to bunk Friday classes at varsity, take a buddy + 6-pack of beer and head for the dunes.

I recognized many of the spots on the video.

Flunked my maths, though. 

Nice one kamanya,

I will have to show you how to get up the hill when i get back.   ;)

That suspension is only but working for its money now. Saved the day on a regular basis now.