Suggestions please - Ride up to Giyani (near Punda Maria)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi

I'm planning a solo ride up to Giyani just south west of the Kuger National Park Punda Maria gate, next week. 

My sister donated some money to a rural creche linked to our church up there to install a bore hole for water.  She's going up next week to install a plaque (the money came from my Mom's estate - the plaque says that - its something my mom would have liked).  I'm planning to join her there to help get the plaque installed.

My plan is to ride up to say Magoebas Kloof/Tzaneen or something the day before and camp the night there.  Next day meet her at Giyani and do the whole plaque thing which cant take long because they are on a tight schedule to get to a camp in the Kruger.  After thats done I'm thinking of riding down towards Phalaborwa or Origstad/Lydenburg and camp some where there for the night before heading home to Joburg.

On both nights I will need to eat at restaurants or pubs as I dont have much space for food etc on the new bike.  Can anyone suggest nice camp grounds in either of those two general areas, preferably with a restaurant or pub close by?