Sunday 28th Feb Parys Dome, Jules Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
What a great day for riding!

We all met up at the usual spot and it was good to see some old friends and meet whole bunch of new ones.

When we left at 7:50 we were a grand convoy of 20 Dogs!
its an awesome sight to see 20 bikes cruising along behind you!

I changed the route a bit since last time and skipped the Dam wall as it was muddy as hell along that route, We did some tight single spoor type roads behind Randfontien before doing some railway service roads and then some dirt highways to Parys. All went well with no incidents along the way, Met up with some of the Vanderbyl Dogs in Parys, We were around 26 dogs for lunch at Legends.
After a leisurely lunch (Took them a while to get all that food cooked) 10 of us set off for the Dome while the rest headed home, The dome ride was great with some sand and mud along the way to keep everyone awake and dirty! We made the required pit stop at the Café / Shabeen to wash some dirt away and headed home via tar back roads. Got home just before 5pm, LONG day but an amazing amount of fun was had, There were smiles for miles!

Thanks to all who joined

Till the next one

Jules

ps. KiliKid took some pictures, I will get them from him and post here soon

Sounds like fun!  Wish I could've joined in - even if just for lunch...  :mwink:

What cafe / shebeen do you stop at?

but where are the pictures? would love to see.... :blob6:

A big thank you to Jules for putting the ride together and to all for making it a great day - cant think what other fun you could do for a day at the cost of some petrol and a lunch.
Besides nearly seeing my rear in the loose gravel, it was a wonderful first day back on the dirt after 20 plus years.
Look forward to the next time.
PS After riding out to the "dome", I still dont know what the dome is - too busy concentrating on the road!

Thanks all, Andre.

Hey Jules, what a ride!!!

I really enjoyed it.  There was never a dull moment... sandy patches, sewerage patches, proper dirt roads, loose gravel (almost saw a Honda becoming one with a tree next to the gravel), a corpse (the police already covered it), potholes in the tar, some technical patches, mud patches and a few awesome twisties.  A true "only in South Africa" ride.

I should maybe consider renaming my Dakar to "Bruin-Yster" as all of the blue is covered in mud.  The next "Jules ride" I will defintely not miss!!

Thanx Jules & Li

PS - your Tenere looks good in the dirt!

once again thanks for a awesome ride!!

did anyone record our trip on his garmin. I deleted mine last night! blond moment!!!

Jules only one thing wrong with your bike it’s not n BMW  :imaposer: :imaposer: 9 (nice biek!)

a dead man on a jules ride!!!
impressive.
normally he just breaks bikes and bones...

Once again thanx Jules for the ride on Sunday it was good to put the old Transalp through its
paces again. Sorry i could not join you guys for lunch but had to get back to JHB.
Nice to meet some new faces as well.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day out on the bike. Sorry I could not say a proper goodbye but I was running late and had to make a bee line for home. Quickest route was via the Grassmere Toll highway which meant I got back to Honeydew at 16:15. Just in time not to get kakked on by SWAMBO :thumleft: Thanks Jules for organizing.

Ama ride ride said:
Hey..... :deal:

This is not a RR...more of a Thank jou Joels for the nice ride......

So where is the oics and the real RR?
We rode so hard and fast we didnt get time to take them ;)

Ama ride ride said:
Hey..... :deal:

This is not a RR...more of a Thank jou Joels for the nice ride......

So where is the oics and the real RR?

Was thinking the same. Skipped the dam wall because it was a bit muddy, FFS..... ???

...... you dogs sure it was Jools on that bike?....... :mwink:

hm, maybe it's that bling yammie that's slowed things down a bit..... :ricky:

Jules & Li, thanks for organising!

All the other okes - thanks for making it a memorable one! I left Ginger dirty until today and had to pop into the basement every couple of hours to get my kick-'o-the-grins seeing her.

Cheers until the next one.

Dewald

roxenz said:
Cumon guys, where are the flippin pix!!!  :mad:

Don't know who else took some but KiliKid will drop a CD off for me and Ill post them here as soon as he does

Jules

Kilikid has the cool pics, I just have a few "grouping" pics...

SAM_0046.jpg

SAM_0047.jpg

SAM_0048.jpg

SAM_0049.jpg

SAM_0050.jpg

SAM_0051.jpg

SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0053.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0056.jpg

After my first proper fall...

SAM_0057.jpg

SAM_0064.jpg

I mailed this pic to my mom and she replied: This is why I don't have grandkids!

SAM_0061.jpg

I just can't get myself to wash her...
Took her to work today and this afternoon there was a Stick-It on her that read: WOW!!!

kortseun said:
Took her to work today and this afternoon there was a Stick-It on her that read: WOW!!!

Thats way cool!

Ya that proper fall is a sneaky one,  sorry to see its still a bitch    :imaposer:

20081206273.jpg

kortseun said:
Kilikid has the cool pics, I just have a few "grouping" pics...

I mailed this pic to my mom and she replied: This is why I don't have grandkids!

Mooi man!!!  Spyt ek kon nie saamgaan nie, dit lyk na hope pret.  :thumleft:

Big Thank you to Jules & li for organizing the ride. been a while without the dirt. Nice to have kept the AT right side up - but I must say that tree that got in my way got a big fright?
thanks again