Sunday X-Challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackalper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
There was no X-Challange - Thanks BMW :angryfire:

Firstly let me start by saying that it was an "Adventure" all of it's own just getting there. ;D

Me as the newbie of the group arrived late for reasons above and spotted what I thaught was a pack of Wild Dogs.
One of them was waving to me to join them, at least I thaught so, and this prompted me to cross a small stream I assumed they must have crossed to get to where they were.
I think this alone gave me the confidence to cross where I did. BAD MOVE.
What looked like 1" of water turned out to be 2 Feet of very very soft mud, but I did make it through :eek:

Now I found myself in the middle of nowhere and all confidence gone.
Silly Stunt to the rescue -  >:D He rode my Alp out of the marshlands in one bold move.
Was very impressed by his skill.

Moral of the story, never assume anything when it comes to water.
Remember that for later :eek: I only hope the others who came along for the ride took photos as I only took a few for the day.
:useless:
Server won't let me upload any pics ???

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Hope those worked - Now please upload your pics if you were with and took any.

Once again Silly-stunt never fails to entertain us.  Thank for the ride. 
Your are the best, they just dont know it. 
from Silly-B

it was really disapointing to be dropped by auto alpinas johnathon who had promised to bring out a x challenge on sunday.
none the less,we went off on a nice pleasant green route ride that everyone could enjoy,and it was nice to show off the area around there.
loads more rides out that way.
hope i didnt scare anyone by flipping the bike and oh, that little mud hole i found myself engulfed in,hmmm,thanks for helping me out.
i have a nice pic of myself practising for my next life as a freestyle champ.
the dakar really loves those big jumps.can i e mail my pix to someone who can post them,i still cant do it,drives me nuts.
thanks to all for coming out,nice to see two woman on their own bikes coming along.

Heres Sillystunt doing a Transalpremoval stunt and later a Muddystunt!

Not even I am silly enough to venture down into that mud pit!
Since winterton I hate mud!

sth70379tq8.jpg

Hey Shark ZA how do you get a full size pic and I get the thumbnail!!!!!!! Share the knowledge plse

By posting the full size image, not the imageshack link that just posts a thumbnail and a link to the site.

See the image posting guide in the admin section.

chrisB said:
How did that dakkie end up down there?

I was waiting for someone to ask that ;D
Silly-Stunt it was....Just because you rode the area a week ago, dosn't mean you can ASSUME it will be the same, can you ;D

He made it through the week before as the previous attempt was more water and far less mud >:D It was great to be able to return the favour by helping him out of the "hole".
To add insult to injury, Silly-Stunt then rode into the wall after we recovered the Dakkie -
Reason - All mud and NO Breakes ;D

The only harm done was to ones ego.

Thanks Silly.

Yes thanks it was good fun playing around (while I still had brakes)

Nice playing ground â?? will definitely go back to enhance the skills  :)

The GSAâ??s brakes are still stuffed â?? taking it in on Wednesday to be checked out by Auto Alpina.  ABS lights are flashing crazy and there are virtually no brakes  ???

Ysterman said:
The GSAâ??s brakes are still stuffed â?? taking it in on Wednesday to be checked out by Auto Alpina.  ABS lights are flashing crazy and there are virtually no brakes   ???

Please let us know what the problem was/is. For future referance.

These pics are posted on behalf of Sillystunt, a man who has NO respect for clean bikes.... ;D ;D
IMG_8226.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8230.jpg

hi guys,
just to let you know that i spoke to johnathon from auto alpina.
he was in fact at the wrong track,he doesnt know the area to well and went to the mx track next to the old zumbug track.
moral of the story ,i will swop phone numbers with everyone that i organise rides with.
although frustrating,no permanent harm done.

Ok, I revved Denver today, he says the guy was there as arranged. So he was there, just at the wrong spot. Can we try this again, this time we invite Sharkie along, maybe we can convert him.... ;D ;D

I will not comment on SillyStunts dirty bike, but will ask how he managed to keep his suit so nice and clean.
Last time I rode De Wildt with him, he almost cried like a baby, becauae his new riding suit was no longer new and clean and he had a rather grazed helmet visor.

...for those WildDogs who have not yet rode the trail down south, believe me it is a great experience only equalled by De Wildt.

...the is really a great place for newbies, just as long as they don't follow Sillystunt into mudpits.

Adventurer said:
These pics are posted on behalf of Sillystunt, a man who has NO respect for clean bikes.... ;D ;D

IMG_8227.jpg

Or front fork seals :eek:

Dude, that is NOT, I repeat NOT a (insert MX bike here/KDX/WRF)  ;D

I'm wondering where in the jump he realised that the landing was going to be deep and soft  :D :D :D

sillystunt said:
hi guys,
just to let you know that i spoke to johnathon from auto alpina.
he was in fact at the wrong track,he doesnt know the area to well and went to the mx track next to the old zumbug track.
moral of the story ,i will swop phone numbers with everyone that i organise rides with.
although frustrating,no permanent harm done.

Well...arrange another ride with Cross Challenge Alpina and we will be there Mr Stunt ;D
PS: Had to use my new German Pressure cleaner on myself aswell when I got home >:D >:D >:D

Adventurer said:
Ysterman said:
The GSAâ??s brakes are still stuffed â?? taking it in on Wednesday to be checked out by Auto Alpina.  ABS lights are flashing crazy and there are virtually no brakes   ???

Please let us know what the problem was/is. For future referance.

OK, so the GSA spend the day at Auto Alpina to sort out the problem with the brakes.  And the outcome is â?¦

Small stones lodged behind the rear brake sensor (this is at the brake lever).  So something really stupid causing the problem.  Have to remove the covers in order to clean it properly.  Canâ??t see it without removing the lot.  Only real effect was that the lever didnâ??t â??releaseâ? completely.

Key is to listen to the "click" sound when pulling the brakes - if it doesn't do that - probably something wrong with that brake sensor or brake not "releasing" completely.  Then when the bike computer does its thing during startup it senses a problem and disengages abs, servoâ??s, etc.

And there is no way yet to override the abs completely that I could find out.  Problem is that if this happens if youâ??re out there between nowhere and Putsondergat â?? what do you do?

Latest posts