Sunshine KZN trip to Felddrif west Cape Via blury stop in Mosselbay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reynier

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This will be my first ride report. Not my thing to do but enjoy reading the other blokes ride report. So without being selfish I will do this one and se if I am capable in putting this experience to paper and re size thing and spelling (my strength….NOOOOT!).

I do not think a solo trip is the way to go but some times you have no choice but to start the gurney alone. Not everyone is synchronized with all the holidays and work commitments. Well I could no longer wait and worked on a good enough excuse to leave home. Some deep desiccations, like about kids, school and parental responsibilities,,,,,,,,,, permition was granted. (kind of)
Grate  ,,,,,,,,, excitement started bubbling up inside me. Packed as much unnecessary things I can think of in a very small period of time.

The plan….KZN Hillcrest – Harrismith - Bloemfontein – Colesburg – Beauford west – Cape town – Felddrif – and were ever. Just go.

Day 1
Start 9:50 am

I even took the video camera along. Se my poor old DR 750’s tale peace sticking out on the left. Shame….

:lamer:

Attachments

• clip_image002.jpg
    clip_image002.jpg
    28.8 KB
Make sure new Java uploaded, then post all required pics to your Photobucket account and bulk uploader.  Then flip between your post and pb using the embeded code starting with IMG, Cntrl c - Cntrl V into your post.  Also battled at first but it is as simple as that.
Looking forward to your RR

:imaposer:

Ok Lighthouse Keeper...I am sitting in the Sudan and the fkn key bord in in Arabick...And the things seem out of date....I will have to do this tonight....Sht! sorry Guy's... :xxbah:

I don’t know if you can se my flat tyre but on the way when I opened up heading into the General direction of BP garage Caito Rige I had a bad sway as if I was slightly intoxicated. Find my Tire pressure 90 Bar back and 80 in the frunt instead of having it @ 260 back and 210 front according to “Gunter” for the load and road, and also he added that our South Africans tend to like driving with soft tires and that is way we bend so many rims. He says that if you have hard tires you will not damage your rims at all on a bad road, potholes, and rocks.

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    28.8 KB
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    204.6 KB
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    37.2 KB
Now this water crossing (better known as “the splash”) is literally walking distance from my house, and just look at the nice green KZN. I love it here!!!

@ the ATM. Now I am so ready! Two thousand rand spending mony in my pocket and a petrol card so I am ready to go after my good bay kiss. XXXXXX

My last look back ,,,,,,I am on my own,,,,,, just me and my two wheels. It kind of give life meaning. The feeling of freedom and exploration. To go and se places you haven’t seen before and to go pleases you haven’t gone before. I like……

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    33.9 KB
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    36.9 KB
I did not look much left or right up to this stage but just enjoying the trip. I arrived in Bloem and had to get a place to sleep quickly before knight fall. Found a camping sight at fifty rand for me and the bike. I found this camp sight weird but don’t know way, and trying my best not to criticize the people here was supper weird.

Attachments

• image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    33.7 KB
Here I am up early to get packing if ever I want to get to Frank’s place at Felddrif before dark.

Attachments

• image011.jpg
    image011.jpg
    30.2 KB
I do not know how the fk to send a lot of photos and write one liners in between the photos so hang on..And I think this is more of an photo opertunity....And pardon the spelling...I am not very bright..    :imaposer:  Seriously!

Stopped for a quick leek.

I was lost here...I can not say ware this is...Was...Tussen die bosies erens..

Shit man dit is so lekker om te ferdwaal..Jy sien ander plekke wat jy nie van ge weet het nie

Attachments

• image014.jpg
    image014.jpg
    35.3 KB
  • image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    92.1 KB
  • image013.jpg
    image013.jpg
    33.6 KB
Hey, looks like you had fun, Broer!  Don't worry about the spelling - its the meaning and the pics that matter  :thumleft:

This section was in now seing that I saw a lot of bikes hedding for Mosselbaai, I liked the comeradory and joined in.... And something was going off at mosselbaai...I saw the booze..

I traveled with them a wile and the speads was so so grait that I pulled out and took the next durt road to collect my thoughts...Not that I have much of them lately...Just neaded some peace  :imaposer:

Attachments

• image016.jpg
    image016.jpg
    35.3 KB
  • image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    142.6 KB
  • image018.jpg
    image018.jpg
    32.7 KB
  • image019.jpg
    image019.jpg
    40.7 KB
  • image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    49 KB
This stretch is very close to the cango caves..You can see the rock formation and me and my bike was shrinking in size compared to the mountains

Attachments

• image021.jpg
    image021.jpg
    42.7 KB
  • image023.jpg
    image023.jpg
    95.9 KB
  • image024.jpg
    image024.jpg
    133 KB
Gee S said:
Lekker RR en foto's. Wag in spanning vir die res!

Hey Gee S jy weet nie wat nog kom nie...Weet nie of ek dit moet op sit nie wand dit is wild!  :imaposer:  Nee regtig  Dit was n bluur maar dit moet uit!!! lol!