Swaziland! Food for the soul. **(Photographic Report)**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Blip It!

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Steelimage and myself just got back from a trip to Northern Swaziland, words can not describe the beauty, the solitude, this is adventure riding at it's best.
I will let the photos do the talking because I am speechless!  ;)

SAM_0639.jpg

SAM_0640.jpg

SAM_0643.jpg

SAM_0647.jpg

Just Blip It! said:

Farrkkk!!! Thought that this place had ceased to exist... I saw it in 1969... Havelock Asbestos Mine at Piggs Peak???
Nice ride and pics  :thumleft:

Hey, Swaziland looks fantastic!!

Cool paintwork on the one 990! Is that customized or something new from KTM?

Desert Boy said:
Hey, Swaziland looks fantastic!!

Cool paintwork on the one 990! Is that customized or something new from KTM?

Customized sticker kit! Cool hey!?

TrailBlazer said:
Farrkkk!!! Thought that this place had ceased to exist... I saw it in 1969... Havelock Asbestos Mine at Piggs Peak???
Nice ride and pics  :thumleft:

Still there, the town is called Bulembu, The Asbestos Dumps still there, :eek7: the town now has more a forestry industry for survival and a very big orphanage mainly for children who have lost their parents to AIDS, which is apparently one in three in Swaziland.

Your subject Line , says it all!  looks like awesome riding terrain. What are the locals like, friendly, or demanding sweets or money? your pics make it look like your route is definately one of those less travelled, i dig that photo of the log bridge, must of had you doing a couple of walk overs picking the correct line.

I'm green with envy!! Next time I'm inviting myself to go with  :thumleft:  ;D