Taking the Weedeater/Chainsaw 610 on it's "first outing" to Prins Albert.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buks

Race Dog
Reaction score
Left George Friday at 15:00 - Montagu Pass- Paardepoort- Oudtshoorn-Wilgewandel-Swartberg-Prins Albert - Bushman Valley.
Had a few nice cold ones in the Hotel's Bar with a group of 3 BM riders, and another guy on a KTM990 and a lady friend with a yellow F650GS. Obviously the Beemer guys teased me with my "weedeater", untill I made them aware of the fact that they are riding "Listers"  ::)
Me and the Husky spent the night in the Bushman Hut at Bushman's Valley. Saturday morning enjoyed breakfast at the Hotel with local friends. Just before I left, the Katoom and lady-BMW wanted to leave too, but the Beemer's battery was dead. Wimpy from PA Motors kindly assisted after a few unsuccessfull run-start attempts, and towed the bike to his shop - where he "jump-started" it from a car-battery.
He then rode with me on his XT660R to Teeberg, where we enjoyed a beer. As it was already 13:00, I decided not to ride into the Hell as planned. I only did the first 12k's to test the Husky's suspension on the section where during my previous ride I've bent the 250's front rim, as well as "Baked Beans", who also bent his DR650's front rim and snake-bitten the tube. What a pleasure on the Husky with decent suspension - not even a little sweat!! :thumleft:
Went back via same route as on Friday.
I am very happy with the Husky!!! It really surprised me with it's agile handling, great power and suspension!  :thumleft:
Even the fuel consumption was surprising - ave. 21km/l  :mwink:. One problem - brakelight stopped working  :(
However - it is still faster than a Klein Karoo Bird..... :eek7:

Attachments

• HuskyMontagu1.jpg
    HuskyMontagu1.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 255
  • HuskyTrok.jpg
    HuskyTrok.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 256
  • HuskyBird.jpg
    HuskyBird.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 254
  • HuskySwartberg.jpg