Taming the mud monster in Tonteldoos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F4869CCD-24BA-4BEB-BFA9-2F01DE3200F8.jpeg

You encounter any issues accessing Clivia Pass? or was there a side-entry? :cool:

Eish....2km of mud like that generates the same wear on a bike as a few '000km on dry gravel....

Rode from Pta East to Bronks in that kind of shit earlier this year and have never been more pleased to be on a light bike. A GS-class mothership would still be on that road......

Good to see you washing the bikes asap - I dont mind riding mud from a technical point of view but man its hell on a bike's drivetrain and once it dries, it creates a whole other type of havoc on fork seals, brake rotors/pads etc.

Nice to see Highside still open for business (y)
Agree!
We washed most of the mud off but the ride back to Nelspruit was wet and muddy as well.

Spent last night cleaning and lubing

B30BA3EB-28B1-4902-8DA5-11C00DC48E98.jpeg

FC60B8F4-8A2E-45B2-A17A-E8F605AD31A6.jpeg

Ah, there's great satisfaction to be had in returning a bike to her former (pre-ride) glory(y)

The ride down the Kruisriver Road from Dullstroom is a challenging one with thick fog and lots of mud and slippery rocks.

39A9A1E1-1541-40ED-847A-F7867486BB36.jpeg

The weather improves as we drop down into the Lowveld via Weltevreden towards Sudwala and we soon kick up lots of dust. Lots of jumps to enjoy the WP suspensions on the KTMs

The AT breaks a footpeg hanger on landing one of the jumps and nearly leads to a nasty crash for Reghardt

A4EB0C5A-5588-400D-8462-A6CB88487981.jpeg

Silicone spray jy jou bikes na 'n was? Help vir modder om minder aan te pak en makliker af te was

The road down to Bush Boyz was a mess. Bikes sliding all over the place. Previous day Dean and I did the ride from the gate in just over 2 minutes.

It took the GS and AT close on an hour.

I spent more time sideways and swearing than I did being in control of my bike. Arriving at BB, we spent a good hour getting mud off all the bikes.

View attachment 804343
This is where you need your chain guard. Without it you will have taken lots of life off your drive train.

Latest posts