Tarlton/Boons/Breedt's/Magaliesburg/Cradle 2008-07-05

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning All

First access ive had to a pc since Saturday.

Gunda, thanks for all the effort doing the route planning it was an excellent ride and the first where i have pushed my limits.

I lost 3 beers  :p that exploded in my cooler bag due to the gunning on the dirt. It was well worth it though  :ricky: 130km on stretches that i would never have attempted before. The bike held up really well. Lost a few bolts here and there but nothing disasterous.

Not much more to add to the report as Gunda got it all covered. Another fantastic ride with a great bunch of guys.

I really need to get a camera, so many chances to get great pics of the guys riding and i missed them all. Next time lads.

Cant wait till we do it again.

dammmmm,,,,

dont you just hate it when everybody else is having a good time ,,,and nogal without you

all this while i was looking for a lost giraffe in groot marico

nice ride dudes,,,,nice pics,,,,,,well done, bungalow bill "gg"

Getting to the Sasol at 07:30 was a bit of a mission as I'm not really a morning person but as always making the effort paid off in the end. The ride was nice especially seeing it was mostly on roads I haven't done before and meeting new WDs was a plus. Thanks to everyone for the great time.

My sentiments exactly. Many thanks to all on the ride. For me it was a good but short one. First my spotlight bracket fell off and was slapping itself to death on the front mudguard. Took it off and cable tied to the top box. Then on the road crossing the front brakes became spongy... looked down to see oil not seeping but pithing out of both oil seals on the front shocks, so much so that the oil was running up the shoxs and dripping onto the tank!!!! Some of the oil had by now dripped onto the front brakes and made the ride home rather entertaining. Sorry but decided to cut the ride short and go lick wounds. Next and all important question... Who do I take the bike to to get the fork seals done, as well as a 60 000 km service???

nice ride ...next time i am in, saturday i was having root canal treatment  :mad: ..... sort of did this route on sunday...

Malibu said:
And it was nice having you guys drop-in after our training...  ;)
And it was lekka to meet the girls  ;D
But I must say you looked like vereeeeeeeee exhausted ladies.
Dunno what those guys did to you but I think there was some serious sleeping that night.

Beemer Mike said:
Who do I take the bike to to get the fork seals done, as well as a 60 000 km service???
Whew Mike - dunno about beemers.
Have a mate in KZN who has five beemers of various ages and sizes. I am sure he would know but it duzznt help if he is so far.
Stick a post in the technical section and if it fails I can ask him for contacts.
Glad you got back safe. Hate to see a fellow rider limping home like that  :(
Next time don't be too proud to ask me to go get the cage and trailer.

GundaGunda said:
Malibu said:
Dunno what those guys did to you but I think there was some serious sleeping that night.

I was finished......  :)

I really battled to keep my eyes open during the dinner.  I hope I did not offend our hostess.  I might have taken a few catnaps in between. 

Red said:
GundaGunda said:
Malibu said:

I was finished......   :)

I really battled to keep my eyes open during the dinner.  I hope I did not offend our hostess.  I might have taken a few catnaps in between. 

Hee Hee - I am suprised you made it to dinner !

Going out on my first Dog-run, I couldnâ??t have hoped to meet a nicer bunch of people.  Thanks for all the planning Gunda and thanks for a great ride to all the guys.  The cherry on the cake was the cappuccino on the mountain!  I also learnt something new, and that is that a waitress can turn 4 shades of red in less than 3 minutes â?? pretty impressive if you ask me.

To sum it up:  This is how Saturdayâ??s should be spent!

Some photos:

Kickinâ?? it

Kickinit.jpg

Kickin' it cappuccino style

Kickinit-Cappucinostyle.jpg

On Breedtsnek

ThebikesonBreedtsnek.jpg

Stopped in our tracks by this sign

Lionsign.jpg

GundaGunda said:
Malibu said:

Yip, all that knitting and swopping out of recipies really tuckered us out. :ricky:

I felt as if I had carried the bloomin' bike through the day, not ridden on it. The eye candy at the end had restorative properties though. :thumleft:

Malibu said:
There is more than one decent piece of eye candy on this forum....  :mwink:

Yip, and us gals have hearts (and eyes) like mini-bus taxi's ... there is always place for one more. :mwink:

Nice report and lekker mix of bikes.

Thanks for sharing :thumleft: