Testing Interest - Bike Sales as new Venture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
As above.

I have this nice under - roof Corner on the Stand that really stands unused. It has nice lighting, is very visible, the stand is secure etc etc.

Thinking of utilising this space as a bike showroom, and sell the sethuthu's.

Infrastructure is already there, we can do Roadworthy and Finance and all Paperwork etc etc, that's NO issue. We are also approved at All Banks, also as Leisure Dealers, so having a Client finance a Bike is easy peasy.

We wont/cant offer workshop or accessories - I'm only talking Bike Sales.

Good, clean, honest bikes, with preferably FSH's, you must be able to contact Previous Owner, etc etc......a transparent thing.

I'm inexperienced with the "what to buy" part, but my 2 Sons would be VERY VERY keen to get in on this with me, they're very keen (offroad) riders, but they would also be keen on helping to sell different "markets", like an adventure bike/Tourer/Street Bike, etc etc etc.

But ja, I'm not keen on oil leaks and a Buyer coming back the next day with his old KX having a hassle etc etc..........talking CLEAN stuff here, all must be more than comfortable selling and buying them.

My gut feel says adventure bikes and , say older interesting stuff, like big thumpers, and of course the fast cookies like the CRF 230, etc etc etc....?

1)............What makes a good Bike Seller, I guess the same basic stuff as used cars/caravans/etc etc?
2)............Is such a venture without a workshop an absolute no no without a workshop, or not really, if your stock is 100%?
3)............Would YOU, obviously after checking everything out and comfortable with the idea, let us come collect your bike and sell on your behalf, if we dont buy it outright? Honest answers please - I need guidance here

..........What do you Guys think??

This will all be done under the Licences, etc etc of my business, Oosthuizen Motors and Oostfin, obviously we are all Approved at Banks, registered with the different entities, etc etc. I'm trying to say we're not "fly by night" operators.

ANY inputs highly appreciated, THANKS