The alternative route... A great day was had by all..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heddles

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
What a great route and a really nice ride, with a great bunch of guys.. Thank you everyone for a lekkrr day...

I want to see pictures! Really feeling left out as I wanted to join in today!

Looking very forward to following this RR :thumleft:

Thanks to all that came along on the ride.
It was prbably the fastest bunch I have had down the Alternative Route.
All 16 Bikes !
The Route is quite badly rutted from some heavy vehicles during the last rain season.

I even got to replace a tube on a KTM690 with my new tools !

Koringberg mountain was especialy good and the view as always was spectacular.
But the South Easter on the way home was a real killer today.

I hope some one took some pics.

Andy660 said:
All 16 Bikes !
The Route is quite badly rutted from some heavy vehicles during the last rain season.

I even got to replace a tube on a KTM690 with my new tools !

Koringberg mountain was especialy good and the view as always was spectacular.
But the South Easter on the way home was a real killer today.

I hope some one took some pics.

You want to do it again soon?  ;D

Waitng for 2StrokeDan and GJ

20012013361_zpsd67840cb.jpg

20012013363_zps5cbcc626.jpg

A video of Koringberg 4x4 trail up the mountain I made some years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Kzcn0SPIA&feature=player_embedded

Andy660 said:

Ek sien net teerpad foto's  :peepwall: Dis die wat julle so viinig gery het julle het net teerpad gery en op die eilandjies geparkeer  :deal:

Riebeeker said:
Andy660 said:

Ek sien net teerpad foto's  :peepwall: Dis die wat julle so viinig gery het julle het net teerpad gery en op die eilandjies geparkeer  :deal:

Maar dit vat nogal skill om op daai eilandjies te ry! :snorting:
Waar was jy Herman?

Sit maar nog eilandfotos, want ons moes maar lank wag vir die Stellenboshers. Thanks Andy dit was vinnig, maar nog di lekkerste ride saam met nog lekkerder ouens tot sover. Jy moet mens net nie weer so laat skrik nie, veral nie op 'n berg nie. Heddles, praat die man aan.

My grootste vrees was toe heel onnodig. 2StokeDan is toe 'n heel vriendelike ou al was ek die enigste een met 'n Beemer  :thumleft:

Oppad terug op die Moorreesburg Gouda pad ry ek nog 'n DS man raak. Stop en drink 'n heerlike wisky met ys uit sy flask. Nico wag vir pelle om die Saron roete van verlede week te ry, want hy volg wilddog op die rekenaar. Ek ry sommer toe saam met hulle en wat 'n ondervinding. Die ou moet 'n paar van sy RR's opsit. Hulle het al oral geval, weggespoel en gery. Dit sal heerlike leesstof wees.

Van daar kortpad huis toe.

Seeduiwel, maak die dêm tyre reg en kom nou volgende keer tot in die Kaap. Jou tjomma van Koringberg het die wêreld vol vir ons gesoek en toe ry ons op sy voorstoep.

Bring it on, ek sien veel van jou op die Kompie, maar nie in die groep nie. KOM RY NOU SAAM. Om deel te wees is baie lekkerder as om daarvan te lees. ;D

Thanks all for the company and Andy660 for organising a really top ride, one of the best day rides I have done in a long time. Some pics attached, this time posted in the right place :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.4 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.6 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.6 KB
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    140.4 KB
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    113.7 KB
  • View_from_Koringberg_1.jpg
    View_from_Koringberg_1.jpg
    80.3 KB
  • View_from_Koringberg_2.jpg
    View_from_Koringberg_2.jpg
    77.2 KB
So I didn't pitch because I felt bad about subjecting my WR to so much tar and now I see Heddles had his there  :'(

#highjack on - Heddles, what sprocket ratio are you riding for those long stretches and how often are you replacing oil & filter on your bike? #highjack off

Buff said:
So I didn't pitch because I felt bad about subjecting my WR to so much tar and now I see Heddles had his there  :'(

#highjack on - Heddles, what sprocket ratio are you riding for those long stretches and how often are you replacing oil & filter on your bike? #highjack off

How much tar on that route. You missed out badley.

VaalBaas said:
Bring it on, ek sien veel van jou op die Kompie, maar nie in die groep nie. KOM RY NOU SAAM. Om deel te wees is baie lekkerder as om daarvan te lees. ;D

Ek stem heel temal saam,.... "om saam te ry is definitief BAIE beter as om net saam te lees" ;) :thumleft: :thumleft:

I have to,...for now that is..... be happy with commuting to work & back every day,.... as I had my enjoyment over Dec/Jan Leave time,.... but for now I have to get stuck into all the work that needs to be done. One day for sure,... I WILL be there to join you guys. :ricky: :thumleft:

Having the priveledge of being able to follow you guys in all the really Gr8 RR's,... keeps me connected with you guys. My next outing on the bike,.... will be the Namibia Bash. ;D Looking very forward to that. ;D

Buff said:

Heh heh.. I will go and count the teeth.. It is a bit of a dog my one, I have realised.. Noisy and heavy on fuel.. I am quite gentle on it but it uses oil and you have to keep an eye on that. I have decided though to ride it and if it breaks, I will fix it properly. If it doesn't, I will rebuild the motor properly anyway... It gets no noisier and hasn't lost any power... I check the oil quite often and put a pint in every few tanks. I will change the filter at 2000...

Sprockets are 14 and 45.... The bike's speedo is not working at the mo so I go according to the other guys distances ridden for now.. I will probably repair it this week...

When u are having a good ride , not many pics get taken.
And we get to finish that ride another day with even more interesting roads

Heddles said:
Heh heh.. I will go and count the teeth.. It is a bit of a dog my one, I have realised.. Noisy and heavy on fuel.. I am quite gentle on it but it uses oil and you have to keep an eye on that. I have decided though to ride it and if it breaks, I will fix it properly. If it doesn't, I will rebuild the motor properly anyway... It gets no noisier and hasn't lost any power... I check the oil quite often and put a pint in every few tanks. I will change the filter at 2000...

Sprockets are 14 and 45.... The bike's speedo is not working at the mo so I go according to the other guys distances ridden for now.. I will probably repair it this week...

:thumleft: there in is the difference, I'm riding a 14/50 combo so it doesn't have much top end but oh boys, does she shunt low down  ;D

I'm guessing there were enough fuel stops for you along this route because I see you still riding a stock tank?

I was able to refuel putting in about 6 litres at a time, until the last sprint, where I made it to within about 2 k's to the Total garage where we met. Apart from that, all was good... I would do it again with an extra litre on my back, just in case..

Latest posts