The alternative route... A great day was had by all..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heddles said:
I was able to refuel putting in about 6 litres at a time, until the last sprint, where I made it to within about 2 k's to the Total garage where we met. Apart from that, all was good... I would do it again with an extra litre on my back, just in case..
[/quote

Slip streaming me helped  :imaposer:

Yes it did buddy.. As a matter if interest, what was the fastest speed you saw with me behind you..?

When you guys doing this route/ride again?

I would love to join, that is an area I have no knowledge of, so very keen to see the route!

That farmer would really love me with my blerry loud Leo Vincies cracklin and poppin  :eek:

Cheers

Mambat

:ricky:

Mambat said:
When you guys doing this route/ride again?

I would love to join, that is an area I have no knowledge of, so very keen to see the route!

That farmer would really love me with my blerry loud Leo Vincies cracklin and poppin  :eek:

Cheers

Mambat

:ricky:

That Zorst of yours sure has a nice "Beat" >:D >:D ;D

Buff said:
Heddles said:
Heh heh.. I will go and count the teeth.. It is a bit of a dog my one, I have realised.. Noisy and heavy on fuel.. I am quite gentle on it but it uses oil and you have to keep an eye on that. I have decided though to ride it and if it breaks, I will fix it properly. If it doesn't, I will rebuild the motor properly anyway... It gets no noisier and hasn't lost any power... I check the oil quite often and put a pint in every few tanks. I will change the filter at 2000...

Sprockets are 14 and 45.... The bike's speedo is not working at the mo so I go according to the other guys distances ridden for now.. I will probably repair it this week...

:thumleft: there in is the difference, I'm riding a 14/50 combo so it doesn't have much top end but oh boys, does she shunt low down  ;D

I'm guessing there were enough fuel stops for you along this route because I see you still riding a stock tank?

Run 14-47 the WR won't pull more than that. 154km/h top speed if the carb is right. Heddles just change the oil every 8 hrs or 500km and that motor will keep going unless she has damage from dirty airfilters .

Yeah, that's my thinking.. It seems to get an automatic change every time i refill it with oil. about 500 k's and it will take 500 ml of oil.. We will see..

Heddles said:
Yeah, that's my thinking.. It seems to get an automatic change every time i refill it with oil. about 500 k's and it will take 500 ml of oil.. We will see..

I know the harbour master at Simons Town is looking for a WR - to use as an anchor  :imaposer:

I would push that rattly thing straight into the sea  :lol8:

Jagsding said:
Heddles said:

I know the harbour master at Simons Town is looking for a WR - to use as an anchor  :imaposer:

I would push that rattly thing straight into the sea  :lol8:

That Yamaha will keep running on the bottom and pull the harbour wall out to the deep-sea. :3some:

Yeah sorry guys.. My mechanical experience and knowledge far outweighs my stupidity. Yamaha is a proven brand and the WR has a name  that could be compared to historic figures.. I am never going to slate a brand or model but you will still be surprised by that little bike. Rattly is not necessarily bad.. 2SD is not a blue fan for nothing..
Give it oil, fuel and water and it will be fine..

i was doing 120 to 125 real speed towing you (air rope) and the other day when we were messing around you ran to over 150.

I was thinking that an oil cooler would be a good idea. i really fancy the one I saw on a XR and on a rally bike that fits around the steering head.

I want a WR but I don't have R99K spare  >:D

You don't need 99K for a WR

Heddles paid a 3rd of that for his

You can get a very lekker well looked after example for a max of 40K and then add a 15l Safari Tank (200 km range) for another 5K - this package will blow the kak out of your six vrotty

This is why I need R99k for a WR.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=111850.0

And leave my 640 alone. it is like a wife. A bit old, not great condition, gives you shit, not looking so good anymore, but rides lekker and you love it.  :imaposer:

I was thinking you wanted a 2013 model. Then I would say yes.. But to have this, an 07, with all that expensive stuff on it, I don't agree.. Just my opinion...

AntonW said:
And leave my 640 alone. it is like a wife. A bit old, not great condition, gives you shit, not looking so good anymore, but rides lekker and you love it.  :imaposer:

You forgot to add that she smokes a lot and pisses herself every time you ride her  :laughing4:

No man guys... Stick to the thread subject here.... Where are the pics..?

Heddles said:
Yeah sorry guys.. My mechanical experience and knowledge far outweighs my stupidity. Yamaha is a proven brand and the WR has a name  that could be compared to historic figures.. I am never going to slate a brand or model but you will still be surprised by that little bike. Rattly is not necessarily bad.. 2SD is not a blue fan for nothing..
Give it oil, fuel and water and it will be fine..

Just when I think I cannot like you more than I did. You are dead right. Yamahas are tough, tougher and toughest.

Just pics. One by one and with no descriptions... I really enjoyed the company and the ride...

Attachments

• IMG_8169.jpg
    IMG_8169.jpg
    61.7 KB
Another one... Waiting for one of the guys who had a puncture.. Andy had a chance to use his new toolkit...
Who could wish for a better ride companion. Prepared to the hilt, for anything...

Attachments

• IMG_8170.jpg
    IMG_8170.jpg
    70.1 KB
I am a sucker for good looking bikes. But then, I love CX500's.. (",)
Say what you like.. These things are pretty...

Attachments

• IMG_8171.jpg
    IMG_8171.jpg
    91.1 KB

Latest posts