The Blind Date in Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AWERT said:
Wat prààt julle !!.. Ek moes heeltyd 30km/h ry sodat hy kon byhou !!.. *wink-wink*

AWERT, die een is vir jou.  Ek kan nie meer wag nie, is hy n American saddler of n Boer perd???

n Boer perd het natuurlik nie die houding nie, maar baie meer stamina. ::)

As die RR n coverpage gehad het , het ek hom lank al gelees.

"AWERT, die een is vir jou.  Ek kan nie meer wag nie, is hy n American saddler of n Boer perd???"

Haha !! Ek praat nie uit nie .. Maar ek moet bysê, ek love beide ... Dis nou die Saalperd en Boerperd ;o)

Before long we reached the turnoff onto the track taking us southward through the Makhaleng river valley in the direction of Ramabanta. This little road is clearly in little use and is getting worse with every visit. Some of you might know this path from the partly washed away bridge halfway up the valley.

At first I was surprised at the bad condition of this road but then I got more surprised at the comfort Nita was handling the little TW over the rough terrain with steep downhills littered with deep ruts that sometimes have to be crossed. She did not miss a beat and kept on chugging ahead.....up to a point. We were faced with a steep climb with very loose surface and at first I was sure she would stop but she simply got on the pegs and attacked the hill with the determination of a Basotho Pony. Two thirds up the hill she came to an abrupt halt when the traction was lost and in a pile of dust the TW goes down. As I am passing her I shouted that she must wait for me before picking up the bike. The incline is way to steep to park a bike so I have to keep going till the top.  
I rushed to her aid to help collect the bike but no harm done to either Nita or the bike and to my surprise Nita was still prepared to ride the last part of this gnarly little hill to the top. Typical horse rider mentality, the first thing you do once you are thrown is to get back in the saddle straight away  ::).

Nita ready for some more action after her little incident.
IMG_1343.jpg

Soon we reached a bridge that have partly been washed away.
On the northern banks of the river ice is busy melting forming stalactites. A shepherd brings his herd of cattle to drink and a lone rider passed through on his donkey.
077.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

073.jpg

Ai ! hoe't my ma nou altyd gesê... dit gaan so stadig soos Hermans drip in die Winter.

Crossing the river looked easy from the bridge but turned out to be a lot more challenging form behind the handlebars of a bike. I came very close to drowning my bike and barely made it through.
I was worried the TW being much lower might present a problem and I suggested to take it through for Nita who eagerly agreed.
I had to stick much more to the left where it was shallow but the rocks here seem to be huge  :eek:

IMG_1394.jpg

554670_3728519505943_1844154033_n.jpg

The plan for the day was to reach Semonkong which is pretty much close to the center of this little country.
We were going to travel only a 130km for the day but it was going to take us the best part of 5 hours to cover this distance.
We did not book ahead and at Ramabanta I suggested we stopped for the day but Nita was adamant we should stick to our plan. I was glad because I knew she would like Semongkong and I wanted to show her the Maletsunyane Falls, the highest single drop waterfall in Southern Africa.

On the way we experienced spectacular scenery as the warm glow of the winter sun basks the yellow mountain slopes.

083.jpg

085.jpg

Nita basking in the sun like a Dassie  ::)
081.jpg

Admiring the scenery.
084.jpg

Being admired by the scenery ::)
080.jpg

I like the story.....  Lesotho seems to be the new hunting ground of Cupid in recent times.... 8)

Onthou die enigste verskil tussen 'n Boerperd en 'n Basotho ponie is die eienaar.... :biggrin:

:mad:

Nou moet ons weer wag tot more die tyd en die storie raak al hoe - hoe kan ek dit nou mooi stel? 

Die karakters begin mekaar nou te ken  :ricky:

Mooi so julle 2 - kan nie wag vd res nie......

Excellent part of the world - know it well as we travel that way every year when we do the Roof thang. The road to Semonkong really has magnificient vistas and the falls are impressive. Your Lesotho Lady I am sure was impressed.

PS Is the road to Ramabanta now completely tarred???

Awert, die foto's wat Dust Devil van jou geneem het is baie mooi!

Welkom by die forum.  :thumleft:

Ek sal baie graag jou weergawe ook wil hoor!

As my eerste date met iemand in Lesotho moes wees sou daardie persoon beslis baie hoe punte gekry het! 

Dusty Rusty said:

As my eerste date met iemand in Lesotho moes wees sou daardie persoon beslis baie hoe punte gekry het! 

As ek iemand op n eerste date lesotho toe kon vat was ek al getroud met daardie persoon ;D

Pom17 said:
Dusty Rusty said:

As ek iemand op n eerste date lesotho toe kon vat was ek al getroud met daardie persoon ;D

Maak sin ja!!

My Toppie het altyd gese....as jy eendag met 'n girl wil trou....gaan stap die Fish River Canyon met haar....as jy daarna...nog met haar wil trou.....THEN DO IT!!

Dustdevil you are a brave man for posting this story, and the very best of luck to the two of you.

Know as this is a forum about dual sport bikes , not Mills & boones  :pot: please post some close up pic's of your bike ,man it looks kool . By the way I have a soft spot for TW's as well and have owned a couple in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts