The Blind Date in Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agenee da issie nog nie, DD gooi nog maat, Awert, welkom, hierdie is n great RR.  :thumleft:

indiebos said:
mooi man, wil ook lesotho toe gaan

Laatweet my as jy kan, ek bly hier langs lesotho en wag net vir my pelle uit Langebaan om hulle gat in ret te kry. Wil ook graag gaan :thumleft:
Of as jy saam jou vriende gaan kom maak gerus n draai hier as julle blyplek soek

At the start of 2011 we did a trip through Lesotho. This was not the kind of ride for the fainthearted and would add lots of character to our bikes, bodies and emotions at the end.
There were never any official ride report but I thought I would like to show some of the photographs of that trip.

Lesotho2011004.jpg

Lesotho2011001.jpg

Lesotho2011015.jpg

Lesotho2011016.jpg

Lesotho2011025.jpg

When I suggested Lesotho to Nita I send her that first pic.......she still agreed that Lesotho is a great idea. lol You've gotta love this girl......she's got guts ;)

I did promise her we will not follow the same route but still.....

To say something about Lesotho and the Ride itself. . .
Lesotho is just spectacular. I'm in love with the place. . . Friendly people, stunning scenery, picturestic mountains . .  It makes me think back of the farm where I grew up alongside the Drakensberg mountains. There's a kind of peacefullness and it seems time is of no importance.

The ride was, at times, really scary and I thank Altus for his support and patience  :biggrin:.  He made me believe I'm capable of pushing through every rut and over every rock.
I loved the more technical parts. I took it slow, very, very slow, but it was WOW !! I will do it all over in a heartbeat.
Must say my little TW also took good care of me  ::)

One part though that wasn't nice to me, was the bigger roads and passes. I'm still inexperienced on loose gravel and overly cautious on tar / big roads due to a bike accident many years ago.  Thus I've decided to tackle a course or two in that regard.

Sjoe!  :'(

Dit is 'n liefdesverhaal en 'n half!!!!!

Pragtige fotos ook!

Congrats you two and here's hoping there's many more kilometres ridden together!

Thanks for sharing!

Firecoast said:
Sjoe!  :'(

Pragtige fotos ook!

Congrats you two and here's hoping there's many more kilometres ridden together!

Thanks for sharing!

Ja nee FC - ek raak sommer van voor af verlief op my vrou  :mwink:

Moet se - dis nou 'n lekker storie om te volg

JMOL said:
Firecoast said:
Sjoe!  :'(

Pragtige fotos ook!

Thanks for sharing!

Ja nee FC - ek raak sommer van voor af verlief op my vrou  :mwink:

Moet se - dis nou 'n lekker storie om te volg

Wat se hulle... elke pot het sy deksel  :mwink:

Interesting reading...
It's like looking other peoples e-mail conversations !  :deal:

Welcome, Awert / Junaita / Nita !
May this on-line / onscreen romance be successful for both parties and an example to us all !  ;D

Now, two things:  :pot:
1) Can you get Altus to rid himself of that 'boepie' - he's overloading that poor HPN.  :3some:
2) Can you please pass him spanners so he can get my gearbox back to me... ?  :mwink:

@ Fudmucker

Will work on both your requests. . . Promise ! 8)

What are u picking there endangered one ?

This is the most excruciating rr ever  :peepwall:

Some more of the 2011 trip. We ended up spending one night at the Semonkong lodge, the same place Nita and me were heading for the night.

Lesotho2011010.jpg

Lesotho2011009.jpg

Lesotho2011039.jpg

Lesotho2011034.jpg

Lesotho2011030.jpg

Lesotho2011027.jpg

Lesotho2011026.jpg

Lesotho2011036.jpg

Lesotho2011037.jpg

Lesotho2011020.jpg

Lesotho2011018.jpg

Lesotho2011024.jpg

Lesotho2011008.jpg

Lesotho2011007.jpg

The entire purpose of this trip was to return to a village at the bottom of a godforsaken valley and to deliver a photograph to the chiefs wife. Her name is Mamponyane and we met her on a previous trip.
The first clip was made before the trip and the second is about the difficulty reaching this village and about the people we have met there;

https://vimeo.com/19860357

https://vimeo.com/19731810

We arrived at the Semonkong lodge and were welcomed by the manager who had a place ready for us even though I only made some enquirers about the fireplaces in the rooms.

Nita offloading her bike at the Semonkong Lodge;
086.jpg

Semonkong Lodge;
IMG_1435.jpg

The next morning we got going quite late but by now a terrible cold have taken hold of me and I wasn't feeling to well. We decided to head the 45km back to Ramabanta and to stay there for the last night.
On our way out we drove the 10km to the Maletsonyane falls. At the turnoff to the falls I suggested a small path taking one closer to the falls, or we could carry on straight to the top of the plateau and have a grand view, this being the simple way. Nita suggested we should go down and check out the suspicious looking trail.
Within I few yards I realized this was not going to be that easy. It was still doable and I stopped at a rough spot to check how Nita manages but she was doing fine.
Almost at the bottom it suddenly got pretty rough but Nita had the common sense to park her bike at the top and walk the last few yards down to the bottom. I was relieved.

We walked down to the edge of the cliffs and after taking some photographs we sat down on a patch of grass and started chatting with this view in front of us. Two hours later we were still just talking.
094.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts