The first 70kms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Well first things first: I never thought I would say this, but a big thanks and congrats to the guys and girls at Absa.
Submitted my request this morning and picked up the bike this afternoon :thumbsup:

So here is the first impressions on the KLR650:

Awesome!!!

The bike when I picked it up.
image089va3.jpg

image090zn8.jpg

Then took her home to remove the plastic cover over the seat.
Well, it's not a KLR if it only rides tar, so off to Christies Guest house near Coliney for a celebratory drink.

Took the gravel. ;D
image091ru6.jpg

image092ca9.jpg

Oom Gert Christie at the guest house. (please excuse the quality)
image093pt7.jpg

The gravel was a bit loose but when I start playing with the tire pressure and suspension that will be sorted.
On the tar it is a dream and have ample wind protection. Noise ??? What noise? The bike is so quiet, I have to check the rev counter to see if it started.
Brakes are on par with the Honda.

In short: For R50 000, you can do much worse than this bike.

Geluk Stofstreep!!

Baie mooi Scoot wat jy daar het :headbang:

Congrats Stofstreep, may you have many happy kilos on her.
Check out the photo competition, July pics, there's one just for you. :) :)

Congrtas!

Surely looks good the new KLR.

I'll have a spin on one end of this month. That is, if my friend allows me to. (I wont' tell him that I'll take it through De Wildt!)

Thanks guys!!! I am enjoying it it lot already :)
Adventurer I checked the pic, very nice one.

BTW the lights are great on the KLR, they might just be a bit high at the moment. Will have them adjusted soon.
Even got flashed by trucks when riding on low beam :eek:

Stofstreep said:
BTW the lights are great on the KLR, they might just be a bit high at the moment. Will have them adjusted soon.
Even got flashed by trucks when riding on low beam :eek:

Or loose weight. :mrgreen: :wink:

Mrs. Trailrider said:
Jislaaik Stofstreep! Dis my valley daai! Dankie vir die foto's  :wave:

Hi MTR
Ek dink jy het die beter deal gevat met George ;D

Ek sal nog fotos neem van my omswerwinge.

JM if I loose anymore weight, the wind on the planes here might just blow me away :D

Lekker! Enjoy it man! It looks like one nice machine!

That speedo has a lot of markings though, almost looks liek it must go to 300km/h!

BTW, Locktite is a KLR's friend...

Hi there it's always cool when you get a new bike especially a "splinter nuwe een" lekker ry ;D

Geluk Stoffel. Ek weet sommer jy gaan daai (ultra sexy) bike ry lat hy sê TRRRR!!!

This is just my opinion, but of all the 650 class D/S bikes that is on the market at the moment, if I had to buy a new one now (and, boy, am I tempted) it would be the new KLR. Even if price wasn't an option. There's just something in the design, look and feel of the bike that speaks to me.
The dashboard also looks way cool...

It really looks like Kawasaki took all that was good from the previous one and only added/changed  things if it would make it better.

Congrats, Stofstreep - I know you are going to enjoy that bike. Please revive this thread in a couple of months and tell us what 'life with the machine' is like...

Thats the bike with the fantastic reputation.  (I wrote 'killer' first then realised that it could be terribly misconstrued but, using the intended meaning, that is what I would like to say).
Use it and enjoy it.

Latest posts