The naming of the Grom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
On Friday my wife took delivery of her Grom and I’ve been tasked to make a few small changes.

However, before we get to the shopping list it’s worth reverting to the title of this thread. The moment she started the Grom it was named “Broom” which relates both to the engine sound as well as her preferred mode of transport :imaposer:

9cb05b264c100df32c053b13313e7eb4.jpg

Back to the list; she hates gold, one of the many things we agree on, so the first item on the list is a colour change. Wheels and forks. I think the wheels can be hydro dipped but I guess I need to find someone that can anodise the forks.

Second on the list is a set of Maxxis M6024 tyres. She’s not planning to do serious dirt but many of the places we’ll visit has a few km’s of dirt tracks to get there. Not sure who stocks this locally.

302dbac462ef3acb1ff4305c4b5b5b00.jpg

Lastly, she wants a small luggage rack. I can order this from the US or have one made locally once I find a willing fabricator.

25da86402f9693eb51434c5282ba750f.jpg

This is a medium to long term project so I have a bit of time to source the parts. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.