The White and the Blue with the BERSERKER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
My son Sweisie always talked about getting a NOISY pipe on his S-10. But at the going rate of some of the pipes, he could never afford it.
So when a very nice WD mentioned that he is getting a new pipe on his S-10, I knew that this was the opportunity for him to buy this pipe.
He did not waste any time in buying the pipe, and that same night he fitted it already.

As most of you know the older S-10's had this de-tuned feeling in the lower gears. By fitting a CLUTCH switch the CPU can be mapped differently and she was ALIVE.

He came to visit on Saturday and straight away I noticed the difference in the bike.  Gone was that de-tuned feeling and if you blip throttle she responded immediately.  He is still afraid to use the clutch mod switch with this new pipe, but I think he will have a bike that want to live on it's back wheel all the time.  :imaposer:

So we went out for a little ride on the highway. So we decided to go from 120 and just open up... no gearing down.
He pulled away ever so slightly but could not loose me.

Then we decided to kick it down and do a run.  I was sneaky and kicked down twice... left him behind.
Second time again, but then he caught on and also dropped 2 gears.. 
This time we ran neck to neck until 198 km/h when we had to slow down for cars on the highway.

I cannot believe that a Scortch  Berserker can make that much difference on a bike.  She breathed well but the stock exhaust restricted the flow so much that the bike was not alive.

Must say she is a bit noisy, but man what a lovely sound when you blip that throttle.

So we got home and we quickly got the exhaust cover to the band saw.  Now you can see this nice pipe.

Attachments

• 20140614_145031 (2).jpg
    20140614_145031 (2).jpg
    66.5 KB

Latest posts