TOE MY SUIWER BESTUURS VERNIF MY VERLAAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLES

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
When fowl heads dont think      we had just taken delivery of two brand new GS 1200 ADVENTURES from our local BM agent Joel.

We set off immediately on a ride that took us too Kinkel Bos turn and rode along the gravel coast rode towards Alexandria truly great area to ride

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20001.jpg

After a stop for a coke and a chat we headed towards the N10 to the Krom River turn off. Buhda and the uncle as i am refer ed to set off towards the Zoo Berg inn some 41 km away .

Both felt really happy with our purchase riding well within our capabilities  ja my brag so het ons gedink

Dogs where we in for asurprise this HUGH motor cycle was not like anything I road many years ago when I was a ROAD TRAFFIC ENGINEER   BUDHA WAS THE FIRST TO TO CHECK HIS RIDING CAPABILITIES when he found himself flat on his back after going into a small patch of mud    toe was dit hande foete sterre en modder

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20004.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20005.jpg

That small spot of mud is all it took   The rest of the trip was taken in our stride reaching home just before supper time which the squatter had prepared

The next morning at the crack of dawn around 9.30 we gathered on the Elands road which would take us to Patensie then on to Mooordenaaars Kloof   Budha   sy Pa my grandson and myself

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20010.jpg

As we road along Elands River road we past WIDE HORIZON this is the place COWBOY MILLS made famous when I was a laaaaaatie     Dogs as Selly say COWBOY MILLS had an odor exactly like his pet lion OSCAR VICTOR     now dogs that is a real heap of sleeps ago

We travelled at a rapid pace reaching Assegaaibos station where we rested      We had no sooner gone into limp mode when OUPA Gerald was attacked by a mean mother of mothers    thank the Gods Oupa Gerald who taught girl guides in his younger days      ONE TWO FIDDLE FUM DINGALING and all those things and we where safe from this mother of a puffer or puffer of a mother who was now lights out.

KAREEDOO%20RIDE%2009%2010%2010%20032.jpg

This is Gerald Snr in his young days   has really had a great innings reaching 70 on his next birthday

officer%20gerald.jpg

The four of us then took a great ride into Mooooordenaaars Kloof really beautiful

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20036.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20055.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20051.jpg

There truely is a great story of how the kloof was built    a very quite withdrawn fellow by the name of Mike B was born somewhere in the Kloof in the late 40,s early 1950,s the story goes about his OUPA and OUMA who built the road into the Kloof many years ago in the hope that his Oupa could get away from the husband of a chick he was spinning in the nearby town of Kareedow

Mike B is a great lover of the finner wines like SKip or Old Brown when these have been comsumed is the best time for the story about OUPA GUN,S AND ROSES

M%20B%20ALEX%20RIDE%2013%2009%2009%20008.jpg

As we descended into the valley we where treat to real beauty

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20057.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20048.jpg

We continued our ride into the kloof untill we reached a dead end we also met a lady who had lived in the kloof for many years  in no time we where treated to the best boere coffee and proper curry vetkoek on this planet

koek%20vrou.jpg

out of plain curiosity some questions where asked about the story of Mike B reletives    we where quickly shown a photo of the family from way back  dogs just so much history

WeaverFarmOhio1910Sect3MiamiTwpFrontNoah%2CHattiewithPaulHenry%2C_NoahElwood%2ChiredworkerandWife%28parrott%29William%26Edna%5B1%5D.jpg

we where also shown photo,s of the first bike mag dated 1975 costing 50 cents

bike%20Sa%20May%201975%20FC..jpg

photo of one of the greatest Ford racing managers in his Studebaker in the car mag dated August 1966

img046.jpg

The weather was turning bad some real dark clouds hung over head we said our goodbyes as the rain started    we set of along the kloof as quick as we could go       something like days gone bye whe we where in hot persuit ( bring back memories of days past when we convinced the PE TRAFFIC CHIEF ANDY AUGUSTYN to purchase two Honda XR 500 fitted with blue lights sirens so we could clamp down on the reckless behaviour of fellows in the Willows Nature reserve an area behind the PE AIRPORT. AND DOWN THE FAMOUS PIPELINE

We also patrolled the park area,s where ma,s with prams toppies with puppies walked we made the area,s safe for the older folks    kept the screaming 2 strokes ridden by the laaaaaities away and just made it safe

Gerald%20skill.jpg

OK back to the passd     we sped up the pass at great speed   only God knows what these three toppies thought they where doing yours truely in ther front

Dogs what happened next is very difficult to explain but  DAAI SUIWER BESTUURS VERNIF WAS BESIG MET N PLAN OM MY IN DIE STEEK TE LAAT

I arrived at a corner nothing to talk about but a corner Supervan would have taken flat in sixth
I leaned into the corner    aimed  pointed looked knew I wanted to turn but the BM had other idea,s like the squatter at home real kaaaaaaaaak idea,s

As my life flashed ahead of me I realized I would miss the squatter and all her kaaaaaaaak idea,s

The next moment I was perched like a ugly BLOU CANNERY IN THE BUSHES SAVED BY THAT FELLOW FORNA AND HIS SISTER FLORA  

WHAT U ARE ABOUT TO SEE I AM NOT VERY PROUD OF

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20027.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20028.jpg

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20029.jpg

The next moment PA Gerald arrived on the scene and true to form out came his little yellow book (all spietkop have them) and started taking details of the accident

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20030.jpg

Well Dogs those manne that lost three world cups really know how to build a bike not a mark

Shortly after we found my heart which was given to me in 2007 we rode slowly to Kareedow and got stuck into a loaf of hot bread seems the shops had closed early due to the screams they had heard in the mountains

31%2005%2009%20KAREEDOU%20ELANDS%20060.jpg

BUDDHA AND I HAVE BEEN BACK TO JOEL AND REPLACED THE MONSTERS WITH NEW GS 1200 THIS AFTER WE HAD AN INTENSIVE RIDING COURSE AT THE VUKA ACADEMY

THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT BEING OUT THERE IN THE MOUNTAINS ON GRAVEL ROADS WITH GREAT BUDDIES THAT FASCINATE THE HELL OUT OF ME  ADVENTURE RIDING FOR ME IS BETTER THAN WHEN I WAS A LAAAAAAAAITIR AND WOULD BUY CHAPPIES OR WILSONS TOFFEES FROM THE CORNER SHOP       BY THE WAY WILSON TOFFEES COST ONE CENT BACK THEN     NOW 80 CENTS EACH

The fellow below lifted his head only to wave and then set about his normal duties

govjob4.jpg

Fokkit chom ekt nou lekker gelag......so bek moet jam kry.....nous daai Beemer ingeloop,volgende keer vat hy daai draai met gemak...... :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

I love this picture of our modern day spietkop! I remember a time that I was kak-bang of a spiekop! Especially here in PE where we used to have this really bad ass, trigger happy spietkop. He scaired everyone shitless & could really ride a bike very well. Funny thing, his nick name was also Coles! :biggrin: >:D >:D

Attachments

• govjob4.jpg
    govjob4.jpg
    88.2 KB
Wat 'n lekker storie!  Baie dankie vir 'n lekker RR!  :thumleft:

baie nice storie! ek sien jou nommerplaat is "FFS"!!  :laughing4: nogal gepas na die insident op die draai!

HAHAHA!!! Lekker gelees dankie  :thumleft: