Trouser failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
Hi Dawgs

Has anyone else experienced chronic failure of this make gear? Bought these rods new from a dealer just over a year ago. After one ride, had to send the things to a tailor to get the velcro adjustment tabs re-stitched, they fell off.

They have steadily deteriorated over 12 months to the point that they're probably going to come apart if I have an "off". In the year I've had them, they've done three 5-day trips and less than a dozen day rides, all in all less than a dozen washes in total.

Haven't had fall with them. Obviously no purchase slip lying around and I didn't expect a replacement or any sort of compensation from the dealer, but I approached them nonetheless to find out whether they'd experienced similar failure from the same brand. "oh yes", says the man behind the counter, "all those airflow trousers do the same. Most of the guys just patch it with a piece of denim or something".

Really? a hundred bucks a ride in trouser wear? i wasn't expecting five years from a thousand bucks worth of pants but I wasn't  prepared for a hundred bucks a ride amortisation either...