TR's and Pics : Sethuthuthu Bash, Meiringskloof 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys
I think the Venue was nice (enough), what do you say?
IF another Stoot Stoot Bash is organized?
Talking Facilities, area, things to do, proximity to Town, etc etc
And accommodation
And the Camping Guys.....everything OK?
I feel Pricing was also reasonable (although this can be done cheaper in future.....but would need some Admin)
........ANY Comments welcome, actually "negatives", let's hear them and take it from there.
MY "Negatives" :

1) There was a Caravan with a bunch of Guys there, and I was under the impression that we had the whole place TO OURSELVES.
Not a Deal breaker, and I'm not trying to downplay anyone...but still.
2) We had STUNNING weather, but if it rains or gets chilly, that Lapa (MAY) be a tad small...or not?
3) Some Chalets are a tad far from the Lapa (maar eks n moerse luigat, must say)
....will think of other "negatives"
But ja, MANY MANY positives also here, I think a SUPER nice Venue for this kind of Event!!!!??
I think the place was great. My only negative was the uphill, everything was uphill from the campground 🤣.

Your no 1, those guys were apparently longterm campers.

There are plenty of venues in that area to choose from if you choose to change it. One or two even have a pub and grill which will save trips to town for a meal or 2

I think Meiringskloof is as close to perfect for a bash as can be. It keeps everyone close and makes for great kuiering. Yet the town is close by for a dop and sustenance. It is also of the right size - enough space for everyone but still kinda intimate.

For the more restless and energetic there are nice walks and lovely dirt to ride.

And the catering was "out of this world".

You couldn't have done better Petri!

Guys
And accommodation
I feel Pricing was also reasonable (although this can be done cheaper in future.....but would need some Admin)
........ANY Comments welcome, actually "negatives", let's hear them and take it from there.
MY "Negatives" :

1) There was a Caravan with a bunch of Guys there, and I was under the impression that we had the whole place TO OURSELVES.
2) We had STUNNING weather, but if it rains or gets chilly, that Lapa (MAY) be a tad small...or not?
3) Some Chalets are a tad far from the Lapa (maar eks n moerse luigat, must say)
But ja, MANY MANY positives also here, I think a SUPER nice Venue for this kind of Event!!!!??
Place was super, organisers also!
I did not even know those other lot were outsiders. For us Dbn guys the venue and activities were super. Petri delivered exactly what he said! We had a chilled ride there, great food, great company and a nice ride back!
I would do same venue, same format again!

Guys
And accommodation
MY "Negatives" :

Hi All,
Apologies from the guy with the caravan.
Although I am alone at my caravan, I had friends invite themselves over for a braai.
I've been in Meiringskloof for the past 8 months, while working on a School Hostel just outside of Fouriesburg.
I was made aware that the resort was booked out for the weekend, but at the last minute, I was offered to stay since your group had 1 or 2 cancellations.
I appreciate it not being a deal-breaker, but it would've been awesome if you guys stopped or popped over for a chat. We were actually 3 bikers in our group the night.
@petri oosthuizen I will stop at your dealership the next time that I am in Bethlehem, to say howzit.

Hi All,
Apologies from the guy with the caravan.
Although I am alone at my caravan, I had friends invite themselves over for a braai.
I've been in Meiringskloof for the past 8 months, while working on a School Hostel just outside of Fouriesburg.
I was made aware that the resort was booked out for the weekend, but at the last minute, I was offered to stay since your group had 1 or 2 cancellations.
I appreciate it not being a deal-breaker, but it would've been awesome if you guys stopped or popped over for a chat. We were actually 3 bikers in our group the night.
@petri oosthuizen I will stop at your dealership the next time that I am in Bethlehem, to say howzit.
It would've been nice to know you were there, then we could've definitely stopped in to say hi. I walked past you guys a number of times and not a peep or a hi was heard 😉