Tuesday morning ride.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grrrr....

...the Garbage Man
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So my day started like any other. Got up and wasn't in a hurry to do anything major. Had to be in the salt mines at 13:00 so was pretty relaxed.

Seeing the sun shine for a change I decided the bike needs a good wash, all the rain and my laziness has not been kind and as I wheeled the bike out I got an idea. I have not seen the stranded ship at Blouberg although I live around the corner.  I will quickly ride there, have a look and then come back to wash the bike and then work. Good idea!

And off I went. Stopped at the wreck and must admit I don't think they are going to move her but what do I know.

Photo015.jpg

I then decided to take a short ride to Melkbosstrand. Why not? I have time....

I past Melkbos and headed towards the N7, thought I will open the bike up a bit as she has only been commuting for a while and it's then that I saw the dirt road to my right, Botterberg. Why not I thought and after I filled up from the Engen a km or so down the road I hit the gravel.

Botterberg.jpg

I have seen you guys like bikes on rail crossings....

Railx.jpg

Railx2.jpg

Time to go before a train hits me!

Roadahead.jpg

I think it might have rained earlier....

Puddle.jpg

Yummy! A lekker 'skaap tjoppie' would go down well.

Sheep.jpg

And I came out here...

Endoftheroad.jpg

And I stopped here....

Windturbines.jpg

I then had to make a beeline home to get ready for work, reason I didn't take more pic's... but I had to do something first. I did promise the bike a wash so I pulled into the car wash opposite Melkbos on the N7and R20 later she was sparkling again. Also met up with a fellow rider and swapped numbers for a ride together in the near future.

All and all a great way to spend a Tuesday morning while everybody else is at work!

EDIT: Ag cr@p! Sorry about the picture size......

Because I rode slowly. There were some lekker potholes in some sections and I saw my ass big time on similar roads. I'm still very careful....

There is a reason I'm in Group 1 this coming Sunday at Nelsons Creek.

But you are right, looking at the pictures she does look clean....

Nice!  :thumleft:

That Eskom board looks like it's taken a couple of hits, I wonder how many of the guys that hit the board also try to hit the wings on that prop!  >:D

Excellent, thanks for sharing nothing like a quick midweek ride ;D

Riaan said:
Where is that railway crossing?

Don't know the roads name but it was on the road that turned off to your right off the old Malmesbury road. This is going towards Malmesbury.

So today we went for another quick morning spin, this time joined by a new mate Uwe and Riaan on his beautiful machine.

It started off as a wet affair and as luck would have it it stayed pretty wet until it was time to head home. It does look like the weather is finally clearing.... But the wet didn't bother us, had a blast and those gravel roads were interesting in some places. Mud, as I found out is pretty slippery stuff.

Luckily nobody had a spill and even in the rain there is no way better than to start a week day than with a ride. Some photo's but we didn't stop that often, we would have gotten wetter....  :p

Fridag1.jpg

This is Riaan's stead. It makes me want to go watch 'The Great Escape'. I would love one as a second bike.

Photo002.jpg

Tar is gone, about to hit the gravel.

Realized now I didn't take any pic's of the roads we traveled, apologies....

Photo004.jpg

Came out at almost the same spot I ended up on Tuesday. I'm starting to get the lay of the land in this part at least.

Photo007.jpg

Wash time. Uwe and myself were to lazy to wash our own bikes so the same Total helped us out. Thanks again guys, was a 'lekker' run.

Oh, and those who said my bike was to clean I hope this will make you happy.  :)

Vrydag2.jpg